Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine settings (Centrals/Paradoxical/FL)
Machine settings (Centrals/Paradoxical/FL)
Hey,

I posted a while back about my results and was recommended to get an APAP instead of the cheapo CPAP provided but the NHS.  So that's all good but I am trying to work out the best way to use it.  Seems like I'm getting more apneas/hypopneas of all types now.  Still waking up feeling quite bleurgh.

FWIW on my original sleep test I was diagnosed with 50% paradoxical breathing (half the night) which was weird.  I noticed that FL on rested was calculated on inspiration only.  Looks like I have issues on expiration as well?  Might not be picking that up?

Anyway, thinking of increasing the minimum pressure.  Any other suggestions?

Pics here as problem with attachments... https://imgur.com/a/9apIUgA
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine settings (Centrals/Paradoxical/FL)
No takers??
Post Reply Post Reply
if I could read the charts i would give it a go. I can’t seem to get the charts to expand so I can read them. Any chance you can attach them instead?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2024, 05:44 PM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: if I could read the charts i would give it a go. I can’t seem to get the charts to expand so I can read them. Any chance you can attach them instead?

does this work?
Post Reply Post Reply
Narcil, well done mate! Thanks.

Generally speaking things are better than when you started this thread. You cut your CAs in half, so that is good.

Given how things look to me I suggest giving some thought to trying a soft cervical collar. I do not think you have positional apnea, but the way the CAs have a few clusters you may be chin tucking enough to trigger CAs, but not OA/H events. It is worth a go. Read the link in my signature “Soft Cervical Collar” and see what you think. Personally, I use the Caldera Releaf, but others prefer the Core or Velpeau from Amazon.

I think it would be worthwhile increasing your pressure a bit as well. Something like:

Min pressure 10.4
Max pressure 14
EPR 3 full-time

Let us know how you plan to proceed. Note that in the end you may need a bilevel where you can change the trigger setting to high or very high, to get the transition from IPAP to EPAP triggering more easily. Not ready to throw in the towel just yet, but something to keep in the back of your mind.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all for helping with pics and advice. I will try it those settings. I am already with the collar which definitely helps as I'm a night time mouth breather. Will share some results ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 116 4,369 06-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: tcinoz
  2 Months In For CPAP Treatment - Getting Centrals airwaywarrior 6 336 05-30-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: airwaywarrior
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 18 869 05-26-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  buying a machine for centrals. jerry1967 6 304 05-18-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 293 269,745 05-03-2024, 07:03 AM
Last Post: rivkamakeda
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 276 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 290 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.