Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

buying a machine for centrals.
buying a machine for centrals.
Can someone tell me what machine do I use for Centrals and how do I get one? 
Also, try to download new version but will not happen. Can someone give me a suggestion on how to download it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: buying a machine for centrals.
jerry1967;

To My limited knowledge an ASV type machine treats central apnea ..
Like a cpap or apap machine a perscription from a Dr. for an ASV type
machine ..
You can also get lucky and find one on the used market if Your willing 
to pay up front ..
Try the wiki at the top of the page for help with OSCAR ..

Good Luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Please download and install OSCAR, put an SD card in your CPAP machine, and post some charts. The instructions for doing so are in my signature and our wiki. If you need help, let us know.
Post Reply Post Reply
For central and complex apnea cases, ASV is the machine of choice.
Post Reply Post Reply
For mostly to only Central Apnea treatment, the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV is the best answer. Even so, do give a few OSCAR charts as sample data. There may be something happening with events or settings that may help in the meantime.

If you've had a sleep study, which I believe everyone needs their own detailed copy, you may post it redacted of personal info as attachments too. If you're in need of getting the report, request the ordering physician for it. Being in the US, HIPAA law says you can get the report or a refusal means report the doctor to the medical board.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jerry, before we can offer any help, other than just telling you which machine(s) are designed for controlling central or complex apnea, we need to have some context.  As Sarcastic Dave has asked, do you actually KNOW you have CSA?  Are you aware that in most cases you must have a prescription, and that derived from empirical data from a formal assessment?

The outright answer is at least a bilevel machine, although we find that they are often too limited to provide the therapy that most CSA sufferers need.  Instead, as already mentioned by sauerkraut, the machine specifically designed to treat CSA is an adaptive servo-ventilator, or ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did your sleep study show a very large number of CAs?  Unless it did you likely don't need an ASV.

Do post an Oscar report.  That will help us help you.  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 116 4,371 06-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: tcinoz
  2 Months In For CPAP Treatment - Getting Centrals airwaywarrior 6 337 05-30-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: airwaywarrior
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 18 869 05-26-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  Machine settings (Centrals/Paradoxical/FL) Brastic 5 275 05-15-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Brastic
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 293 269,762 05-03-2024, 07:03 AM
Last Post: rivkamakeda
  Buying CPAP machine for non United States resident ivan007 6 373 05-03-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 292 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.