Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ReMed Airsense software/firmware
RE: ReMed Airsense software/firmware
I don't think the narrative is that sleep docs aren't knowledgeable, it's that the majority of them don't seem to make much effort to address patients' needs individually.

If you have access to the author of the source material, that's certainly more likely to yield results than the group of us going around and speculating on all of this stuff.
Look, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! Please don't take my opinion as a substitute for medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, pleasantly surprised I got an email from the author/doctor very quickly.
So that we are all on the same page this is what I wrote:
Quote:Specifically I am focused on the Resmed S-10  Autoset algorithm used to detect hypopneas shown in Table 2 of the paper.

Generally, I think I understand the the idea is to compare a ten second segment (of flow) with a previous segment  (considered to be the "baseline"). If the comparison of two segments show a flow reduction of 25-50%, the segment being examined meets basic requirements to be labeled a hypopneic segment. 

The specific question I have is what is the time period of the "baseline" segment. 

The paper (as puiblished) might be interpreted that the baseline is just twelve seconds. 

That seems to be unusually short, when compared with Respironics 60 seconds, or some medical researchers "baseline" flow of 120 seconds or more.

Is there any possibility that the 12s cited is a typo, and should actually be 120 seconds?

Her answer was that the papers (one in 2015 and one in 2022) were reviewed and approved by Resmed engineers, so as far as she knew there was no typo. 
Then she went on to say that the comparison segment (reference to "baseline" ) is a sixty second rolling average (RMS) to compare the change in amplitude.
Post Reply Post Reply
Has there been any follow-up on the questions?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Transcend Micro minicpap software with parallels? tedavl 6 74 5 hours ago
Last Post: tedavl
  ResMed service software MtnRobert 1 128 06-06-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 492 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 321 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 1,047 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,837 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 499 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.