Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

MyAir App / OSCAR - looking for thoughts - Help!
MyAir App / OSCAR - looking for thoughts - Help!
Through a series of events beyond my control, I have not been using the OSCAR app (I was using on a "work" computer that was fine to have peronal items on) due to leaving my former job and deleting all personal data off my laptop.

I had a very nice MacBook pro that I had to give up and go back to my 2013 MacBook Pro that is PAINFULLY slow and will not update.

I was gifted a new MacBook Air that I just haven't gotten around to loading OSCAR because I was able to get my CPAP therapy dialed in and my events very much under control.

Here's my question:  I notice in the MyAir app (I know, woefully lacking) that it shows Events/Hr - I assume this coincides with what I was looking at in OSCAR.

I'm having under 2 events per hour and most nights it's under 1 event according to MyAir and I'm consistently getting 100% score so I haven't seen the urgency to reload OSCAR or upload my SD card contents. (WOW! That was a LONG sentence!)   Smile

Here's my question: should I trust the limited data I'm getting from the MyAir app, or would I do better to see the more complete data from OSCAR.  You know what they say about ignorance being bliss!  I just don't want to be compromising my health because I'm going about life somewhat blindly. 

Thanks in advance for any replies from this community of so much knowledge and experience!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: MyAir App / OSCAR - looking for thoughts - Help!
It's your health and if you feel comfortable with MyAir, by all means stick with it. With that said, the MyAir app is basically a feel good app and will not provide the detailed information as to what is causing your events, like OSCAR.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Right, I get that. But... do the events recorded correspond with the AHI index that OSCAR records?

I worked very hard to get my AHI down - was at about 18 when i started therapy and was super frustrated when I was sitting in the 3-5 zone.  Toward the end of my OSCAR use, I was consistently in the 1-3 neighborhood.

I just don't want to look at the Events/Hr report and think it corresponds with the AHI index thinking all is good and well when maybe it isn't...

I guess that's the definitive answer I'm looking for. Does Events/Hr correlate with AHI index or is that an apples/oranges comparison?  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR reports the data that the CPAP provides. I would assume that MyAir would use this too.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Air is simply a reflection of the CPAP summary data.
I use the air sense 10 clinicians menu the get hours, AHI, and leak.
periodically copy the sdcard to my computer.

Like your i typically have less than 1 for AHI and less than 2 if I sleep more on my back.
Sometime i get some weird results.
I had an AHI over 7 a few weeks ago.
So i immediately copied the sd card to my computer to inspect the data.

So if i feel good when i wake up and the AHI is good, then I'm satisfied with the night's sleep.
LoudSnorer
Post Reply Post Reply
Gotcha. Maybe I just need to load it again and pull my card and compare the AHI to the Events/Hr and see if they correspond. I just didn't know if I wanted to go digging for my SD to USBC adapter!  Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  myair stopped working Narcil 1 92 07-19-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Narcil
  OSCAR and myAir BobinHI 3 156 07-14-2024, 03:37 PM
Last Post: BobinHI
  What does ResMed myAir at Dr office show? RainyDog 3 204 07-11-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Where can I download an US version of myair app? Raymondchan338 3 303 05-12-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Myair data accurate? dbinTO 2 443 03-11-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 380 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  MyAir: What does score_detail_score_components_usage_score mean? tottbjorn 2 786 06-06-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: tottbjorn

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.