Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New OSCAR data help
New OSCAR data help
Hello,

I'm tired of being tired and stumbled upon this forum looking to help myself. My doctors tell me my machine numbers are great but I feel lousy. I figured out how to get the data off my machine and uploaded to OSCAR. The data currently flagged several CAs. Some of the CA's last for a short time like 10 seconds and some last longer like 20-30 seconds. It looks like my pressure hoovers around 7, but it is an auto I think so it I think it goes up and down. With all these CA's, am I understanding that perhaps my pressure is too high? I was hoping to bring this data to the doctor to look at, but now I am understanding that they don't look at this kind of detailed data and I have to figure this out myself. I can't find a mask that won't leak, and I am not even sure thats the whole issue. Does it look like these CA's could be from pressure being too high? I do also have a flagged OA even at this pressure. Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New OSCAR data help
hello!
First of all! Welcome!

I'm sure some expert will chip in, but for them to help you, they will need a zoomed out version of the data from OSCAR.
Including the overview on the left side (remove the calendar).
Post Reply Post Reply
ok thank you, here is the zoomed out shot.

Post Reply Post Reply
We want to see the events, pressure, flow rate, flow limitations, and leak rate graphs. Always include the entire left side bar, minus the calendar and pie graph.

Looks like we need to tweak your pressure and EPR a tad. The pressure is changing quite a bit, which is sleep impacting for some. The CA’s may be from too much EPR.

Try the following:

Min pressure 7
Max pressure 12
EPR 2 full-time
No ramp

We will likely need to tweak further from there once you get a few nights with it. I can see you needing even more pressure, but want to see how your comfort is at these settings.

Keep an eye on the leaks as they can disturb your sleep. With a full-face mask leaks are usually from an incorrectly sized mask or headgear too loose or too tight. I keep my mask (Evora FFM) fairly loose on top, a bit tighter on the middle strap, and a bit tighter still on the bottom. I can pull it 2-3mm from my face, so when I apply pressure the cushion inflates against my face.
Post Reply Post Reply
TurtleLoves - Please follow the steps below to organize the Daily screen and take a screenshot.  I hope it will help.
  1. Make sure that your display is set to the Standard view, your graphs are in the default order, and all graphs are of the same size.
     If not:
    • To reset the Default Graph Order:  Go to (View > Reset Graphs > Standard)
    • To reset Graph Heights:  Go to (View > Reset Graphs Heights)

2. Resize the Daily screen's left panel's width, so each channel parameter only uses one line and does not wrap the data.  This allows more information to be displayed.

3. Make sure you are at the top of the Daily screen and have not scrolled down.  Also, make sure you are displaying the complete day's data, and not zoomed in to any specific time range. (Take a guess as to why we mention all this. . .)

4. To take a screenshot of your Daily screen, select one of the following:
    • For Windows or Linux: Use the F12 key
    • For a Mac: While holding down the Fn key, press the F12 key.

5.  Follow the steps here to post an image: https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...ttachments
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried a couple masks, that is another issue I have. I have a long narrow thin face and can't seem to find the right fit. I am a side sleeper and everything moves, farts, leaks, slides, and is generally opposed to staying put. I have tried the nasal pillows and air comes out my mouth (no I am not a mouth breather), tried the chin strap and that caused issues, tried the ones that attach at the top (both hybrid and nasal) and they don't stay put and squish and alter the airflow (laying on my side closes one side of air flow and that doesn't work for me), currently trying the Evora mask but it does slide down or moves no matter how I tighten or position my head so it doesn't touch the pillow. Willing to try something else......... I am uploading a new screen shot again but not sure I am showing it correctly. Thanks for helping!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] interpreting OSCAR data NicoFR 31 2,119 04-25-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: NicoFR
  [CPAP] Need help analyzing OSCAR data user357 2 148 04-24-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: user357
  Any insight on this data from OSCAR? jake79 2 149 04-23-2024, 08:49 AM
Last Post: jake79
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 172 04-19-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: rygonzo93
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,414 04-18-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 318 04-18-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 236 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.