Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie questions - What am I seeing?
Newbie questions - What am I seeing?
I have had a CPAP (Airsense 11) for about 3 weeks now. My home sleep study scored me at 23, but the fact that the oxygen level dropped as low as 66 during the sleep test really scared me. I'm giving this all I have, but it isn't easy. That said, numbers are improving so that is something.

I started off with the Evora full-face mask. I've had no end of problems with it. I routinely need to wake up every 3-4 hours because it is leaking (enough that the Airsense increases pressure up to close to the max, but it rarely calls it a large leak). I have to take off the mask, wipe it dry and wipe off my face and start again. I've turned the humidity down, but I don't want to turn it completely off because it seems to be good for my sinuses long term. I've tried looping the hose over something so that "rain out" doesn't come to me.

I'm only attaching images here that show times when I don't believe there was any "leak" scenario involved. I consider anything over about 13 or a bit above that as going into the leak spiral where the device tries to compensate for the leak that is building. At this point, I'm trying to understand some of the wave forms and what is going on there. Note that I don't snore, and the Oscar doesn't show any snoring either. 

Questions: 

1. In the 2023-08-31-OA display, I take a breath in and then the OA happens. Is this normal? If so, what is happening?

2. In the 2023-08-31RE-n-H display, what is happening with the breathing? what is it about the breaths that made the Airsense start to ramp up the pressure?

3. In the 2023-08-31O2Twice display, any idea what kind of apnea is happening here?

I'm going to try the Dreamwear nasal mask next to see if I can get any traction there.

Thanks for your assistance.

Mary

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CSA/What questions laokg 6 113 Yesterday, 11:50 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ResMed S9 AutoSet - Extreme Newbie Richg44006 17 7,035 04-25-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: jean23
  EPR questions juniper 7 305 04-19-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 426 04-18-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 220 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 136 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 226 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.