Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Any inputs are appreciated
Any inputs are appreciated
        Hey everyone,

I wanted to share my journey with CPAP therapy. For the past decade, I've been dealing with chronic snoring, feeling constantly fatigued, and struggling to stay alert during long drives, especially after meals. Every morning, I'd wake up exhausted, wondering why I hadn't slept better the night before. My snoring was so loud that it surprised even my closest family and friends.

After recording my snoring using Snorelab, I discovered my score was a whopping 183 (while a normal score is typically less than 25). Following a sleep study, I learned my AHI was a concerning 53. Initially unaware of the severity of these scores, I stumbled upon this forum and started reading through various threads. It was eye-opening to see how serious my condition was.

Taking a leap of faith, I decided to give CPAP therapy a try. I was provided with a Resmed Airsense 10, and for the first time, my snoring virtually disappeared, with a Snorelab rating of just 12. My AHI on the first night dropped to 2.9. Finally, I experienced a restful night's sleep after what felt like an eternity.

Since then, I've committed to using my CPAP machine, and I haven't looked back since making that decision in March 2024.

Now, I'm eager to join the community in sharing my progress. I've noticed many of you posting your results from OSCAR, and I'm excited to do the same. I'd love to receive feedback and advice from the experts here on how I can further improve. While I'm already feeling great on a daily basis, I'm open to any suggestions that could help me achieve even more. Thank you all in advance for your support and guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any inputs are appreciated
I would boost min pressure to 9 if that was my chart. Most of your events are happening when your pressure dips below 10, so a minimum of 9 should help prevent that from happening quite so much. Otherwise, things are looking pretty good in terms of leaks and overall flow rate. Just need to keep an eye on those OAs and see if we can make them go away. Higher pressure might help with that, but we don't want to increase it too quickly if you are feeling good about the way things are going because we an introduce new problems that way.
Look, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! Please don't take my opinion as a substitute for medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any inputs are appreciated
Thank you so much!! Sorry for the delay in replying, was a little busy over the weekend.

Thank you again, will give your advice a try tonight. Have a good day  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Therapy recommendations appreciated Officialdee 5 331 09-09-2024, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Officialdee
  Newbie to OSCAR, advice appreciated cousinscc 3 195 08-25-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: cousinscc
  New BiPAP User - Self Treating - Advice Greatly Appreciated MX117 5 401 04-30-2024, 09:35 PM
Last Post: MX117
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 3 539 04-29-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: SleepyDawg
  Wake up very early circa 4AM with bad headache, any help appreciated. new2paphopeful 1 497 03-30-2024, 05:48 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 578 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 1,068 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.