Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Newbee - 1st Evening Failure
RE: Newbee - 1st Evening Failure
First off, don't apologize for posting. That's what this forum is here for.

Second, thank you for describing the perfect alternative to ambien: old fishing magazines! Loved it.

You're almost there with the zoomed-in view. Could you zoom farther so you capture just those first five CAs?

I've seen other people describe a dry mouth the same way as you're doing when they've mouth-breathed inside a FFM. Did I recommend Zylimelts? They stick to your teeth or gums and help stimulate saliva production throughout the night.

Pretty consistently, once you've actually fallen completely asleep, you have very few events. That's quite encouraging, and it underlines the likelihood that you are seeing mostly or entirely SWJ. But let's look at the further zoom.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully this screen is better. It seems so. I think the anxiety is getting to me  (lol).

Appreciate the help Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply
if you look at the top left of the flow rate box you'll see duration. you have it down to about 13 minutes. see if you can get it to 7 to 10 minutes. use the view size slider at the bottom of the daily/events tab.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK we're starting to see the actual wave on the Flow Rate. Zooming in more may show more detail, but we can already see breaths getting shallower then a CA. It is either an actual CA or a breath hold where you held your breath when changing positions or similar. The problem with thinking it's position changing breath holds is that these are occuring pretty frequent and in succession of one after another. I am inclined to think CO2 is being washed out and the need to breathe is not there, hence a real CA situation.

My opinion is we're likely to need a narrow pressure range or static PAP for a short time like a week to see if your body will get used to this PAP therapy. We give about 3 months to see if treatment emergent CA clear up. So far though, I do not think yours are responding by lessening in count when pressure swings have been lowered. This may be a case where idiopathic CA exist on PAP. IF this does hold true, then we'll need to discuss next steps. Being the consistently inconsistent CA that they are, we have to see if/how they respond.

My opinion is we should look at your settings and decide on making the range smaller or a static single number to see if the CA respond/react. Just don't quit on us despite the issues at hand. We will do what we can here to help.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
also, can you describe what you think is going on in that first session? do you just lie awake? how & what do you feel? anxious? restless? do you toss & turn? do you find yourself not breathing? are you aware of not breathing or just the recovery breathing? do you feel you're struggling to initiate a breath? these are just examples that come quickly to mind. pay attention while it's happening; note whatever you observe. also think about the day's food, drink, meds, exercise, stress, etc. that might inhibit sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's about the best i can get it to blow up. Hope this is better Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
still about 13 minutes. I think you should re read the zooming in instructions given in this thread and scroll through several night's data at a 10 minute view. it's not really clear but I see enough to wonder if periodic movement is present in roughly 1 minute intervals. notice the right end of your screenshot where there are some fairly evenly spaced spikes & no ca. if you see that pattern with some frequency, whether ca is present or not, I'd suspect periodic limb movement. hopefully, I'm wrong but better to figure out if it's an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2020, 07:22 PM)sheepless Wrote: also, can you describe what you think is going on in that first session? do you just lie awake? how & what do you feel? anxious? restless? do you toss & turn? do you find yourself not breathing? are you aware of not breathing or just the recovery breathing? do you feel you're struggling to initiate a breath? these are just examples that come quickly to mind. pay attention while it's happening; note whatever you observe. also think about the day's food, drink, meds, exercise, stress, etc. that might inhibit sleep.

Sorry mate, somehow i missed this post and the one above.

In case of relevance i do suffer from AFIB. I have minor COPD. NOT on cpap, I do tend to have to take a big breath every once in a while, by mouth, then I make myself breath through the nose, do pursed lips and im fine. I walk 2-3 miles normally 3 times per week for exercise, this takes around 45 minutes.

When on cpap i have been fine but yes, i do feel that i have forgotten to take a breath or breathe and then tend to take a mouthful. Sometimes it pumps air before i realize, if that makes sense. Sometimes i think i am just getting so concerned i imagine things.

When trying to get to sleep i just lay there and try and have a blank mind but cant. So i just think of memories, fishing, work.....anything to take my mind of sleeping. Before cpap i would often whinge to the wife that i cant sleep, blah blah blah and she will reply that she heard me snoring, or saw me sleeping and heard me talking, which i do often and have since a kid.

Why did i have no Centrals on the Sleep Titatrion? They did not mention them. I had a great nights sleep.

Hope this info helps, really appreciate it and i arent going anywhere or giving up, we need to get through this and defeat it. I wanna see my Grandkids grow up and they are only 3 and 6 at this stage. So anything i will have to do, I will do.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW if this helps, what I did if I were on that same OSCAR tab with the slider and showing 3, just grab that slider and move it left to say 2. Try that and see what you get.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the best i can zoom it in, i will look at the other charts but need to go offline 40 minutes or so and pick up the wife.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 170 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  Heart Failure with Sleep Apnea kwhenrykerr 2 241 04-02-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  F30 Full Face Mask - total failure?? BobH56 20 3,452 12-05-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rhwoe
  CPAP Failure, ASV Attempter, Still Failure ophiuchus 16 1,499 07-10-2023, 05:59 AM
Last Post: ophiuchus
  Set myself up for failure? Newbie768 4 592 01-15-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  [Pressure] Maximum pressure in heart failure? edgnoj 0 509 11-04-2022, 04:58 AM
Last Post: edgnoj
  Resmed F20 Touch (foam) failure points snorin2 2 785 09-03-2022, 01:54 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.