Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure Variation with Time
Pressure Variation with Time
I have noticed that my cpap machine pressure seems to be lower in the mornings than in the evenings. Are these things designed to change pressures to accomodate sleep patterns, or is this behavior due to a malfunctioning machine?

Another question. I have problems with dry mouth that are not solved by changing the humidity level nor the hose temperature. I have tried a chin strap with only limited success.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure Variation with Time
Yes, your Airsense will adjust pressures as needed. I have the opposite - rising pressures and events in the mornings. But to know what is really going on, you'll want to download Oscar and post reports.

For dry mouth, I like mouth tape because it doesn't restrict my jaw. I use Buteyko brand, many using 3m fabric medical tape, there are others. You'll be able to see if it's your mouth in the leak graph in Oscar.

Lisa
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure Variation with Time
Your dry mouth could be from mouth breathing, and mouth tape should solve that.  If the tape solves the leaks but not the dry mouth you can press one Xyliments dry mouth disc onto your gum (it will overlap a little on the teeth) between two upper molars for 10 to 15 seconds, and it stays there, slowly melting all night.

If you don't mouth breathe the Xylimels will work well on their own.

The bottle says to use two discs, but I have always used just one and it's enough.
-------------------------------
As to your pressure changes, this is normal.  The machine just records your breathing.  Sometimes we breathe harder, sometimes we breathe more gently.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 31 1,087 Yesterday, 09:10 PM
Last Post: Montacute
  Inspiration and Expiration Time MrIvanDrago 18 1,159 04-22-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  My insp time is always longer than my exp time...is that bad? jake79 2 115 04-22-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 1 107 04-22-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 9 197 04-20-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 191 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 304 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.