Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recommended nasal pillows for side sleepers
Recommended nasal pillows for side sleepers
Hi all

Anyone have recommended nasal pillows for side sleepers that are comfortable yet stay put well in the nostrils when laying on your side?

I have the Resmed Airfit P10 right now, which is super comfortable, however the problem is that, when I am on my side (which is my usual position) and the pressure rises at night when needed, there is some tension from the head strap on the side I'm lying on, and a leak is easily created as the nasal pillow on that side gets pulled a bit to the side/horizontally.    Hopefully I'm explaining that well. There is not enough horizontal stability the way the P10 is.  If I crank up the tension of the straps, that helps prevent the leak, but then of course its tight and uncomfortable on the nostrils.   I am afraid that the P30's would have a similar or worse issue.   I guess what I need is an assembly that keeps the horizontal positioning of the pillows in place well.  any recs?

I also have a FFM, the F&P Vitera, which is much more stable horizontally and does not really have this issue as much, but is way less comfortable that the pillows.....

thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recommended nasal pillows for side sleepers
Ive been using the ResMed AirFit P30I Pillows Mask - Standard. Just got a new one to replace my old one which had gone yellow.
No problem with my side sleeping,but we are all different.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok, I'll answer my own question , for the benefit of others

After reading multiple reviews, I decided to try out the F&P Brevida nasal pillow mask.  2 weeks in, I am very pleased. It seems to have more lateral stability than the P10's.  So if I'm lying on my side and the side of my face and nose is a bit pressed against the pillow, the pillow is not knocking the nasal pillows out of my nostrils, as was happening with the P10.   So I am happy with this change.  But yes, we are all different, and the fit and performance of each mask may vary from person to person.....
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad that it is working for you. I was going to suggest the Brevida. I tried it for a while and for some reason cannot use pillows continuously due to excessive irritation but of all the pillows I tried, the Brevida was hands down the best.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Do dedicated CPAP pillows actually help? Old Moondog 6 140 8 hours ago
Last Post: Old Moondog
  [Equipment] Mask recommendation for a sensitive side-sleeper who might have an unusual face shape PersonInNY 6 219 04-24-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: PersonInNY
  Tools for "forced" side sleeping (noodles), do they work Fox66 2 111 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  Recommended soft cervical collar? Ynot 7 593 04-11-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 24 11,240 04-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: cant exhale
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 550 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 1,143 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.