Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Requesting Guidance regarding min pressure
RE: Requesting Guidance regarding min pressure
Hello All, It has been around 3-4 months since I initially reached out for guidance. I would like to preface this post by stating that I am providing an update with the objective to hopefully help someone else out who also may be or have been experiencing the same issue.

I will keep things brief, after my last post I went through fluctuations of AHI, that ranged from 5-6 an hour. I had an in-clinic sleep study done and was advised that my sleep was well facilitated during the sleep study and my AHI was normal. However, the information provided by my clinic was opposite to what my experiences had been thus far, and the sleep study ultimately led to being a dunce with no resolution provided.

With this information, I relayed over to my PCP to determine if there was any other thing worth trying that my pulmonologist did not see. My PCP determined that while unlikely, there may be a disruption with my circadian rhythm, escalating my AHI and causing my apnea events to increase.

Resolution:
I was prescribed aripiprazole by my PCP, a known anti depressive medication, for my sleep, with hopes of mitigating my problem. Since taking this medication at night, my events have gone down from 5-6 AHI to .5 - 1.5 AHI. These are numbers that I never thought I would experience; resulting in sleep that I cannot remember being able to experience. I no longer have to sleep 8 hours either, but 5-6 to feel well rested.

I will digress from my proverbial soap box, but I do want to re iterate my intent for this post; to provide an avenue that has not been speculated just yet for anyone reading this. Have a great day and please do message me if you have any questions.

Thank you for reading.

P.S. The following is an academic article on the studies of aripiprazole, along with circadian rhythm imbalance.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5965391/
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Requesting Guidance regarding min pressure
Very interesting. I was not aware of Delayed sleep phase syndrome (DSPS) and it might well fit the issues some of our members experience with chronic fatigue and unsatisfactory results from CPAP. How did you identify it It might be valuable for you to start a new thread to discuss DSPS and your experience with it, otherwise this information will be somewhat hidden in this therapy thread. I'm glad you brought it to our attention.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 35 1,289 2 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to BiPAP Therapy: Seeking Guidance on Settings Kevinbipap 4 156 04-24-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Kevinbipap
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 2 185 04-21-2024, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Abrecaminos
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 562 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 680 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  [Pressure] Looking for some pressure guidance lavenderlate 1 199 03-11-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Another new user needing guidance Unathletico 1 235 02-26-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: grubsztyl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.