Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed A10 Motherboard Battery
Resmed A10 Motherboard Battery
I now have a Resmed Autosense 10 as a backup machine (also a well used S9). I assume the motherboard of these machines has a button battery to preserve some basic settings. Question - is this true? If so, and this battery goes dead, is the machine still useable? If not, and the battery is replaced, is it then useable?

Dick
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed A10 Motherboard Battery
I have not opened my AS10 nor asked ResMed, but I expect they would keep settings in NVRAM so they retained across power outages.
Simplicity is simple, complexity is complex. Don’t confuse the two.
Post Reply Post Reply
Someone had posted about a CR2032 type of battery on the underside of the S9's mobo. Of course, I can't find the post.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 definitely has a cr2032 battery

http://www.apneaboard.com/S9/ResMed-S9-inside.htm

It makes sense that the Air10 does too.

I *believe* it's role is to maintain the clock while not powered.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2021, 12:23 PM)Dog Slobber Wrote: The S9 definitely has a cr2032 battery

Thanks for checking. A battery to maintain the RTC makes total sense.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don’t know how I managed that bump just now - sorry. Thank you for helpful replies.
If the CR2030 just maintains the RTC settings, I am hoping these can be reset in reviving a machine with dead battery.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2021, 02:13 PM)BKeeper Wrote: Don’t know how I managed that bump just now - sorry. Thank you for helpful replies.
If the CR2030 just maintains the RTC settings, I am hoping these can be reset in reviving a machine with dead battery.

RTC is the real-time clock. The settings should be kept in NVRAM which can last a very long time with no power.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2021, 02:52 PM)jlfinkels Wrote: RTC is the real-time clock.

Hmmm -- in the case of a Resmed machine, isn't that the wRong Time Clock? Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2021, 12:23 PM)Dog Slobber Wrote: The S9 definitely has a cr2032 battery

These are the internals of the A10. If useful, maybe someone can put this at a central location like the S9 internals pics. 

.pdf   Airsense 10 internals.pdf (Size: 822.99 KB / Downloads: 53)
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a vague recollection that at least some of the Respironics machines have a non-replaceable battery (solder tabs) and no way for the customer to reset the clock time, even if you can replace the battery. 

I think this was a PRS1 model. Can someone confirm this?

I don't know if anyone has dissected their Dreamstation 1 or 2 machine.

And can someone dissect their Airsense 10 machine and check?  Smile

As for NVRAM for the settings, it's hard to say.  The manufacturers do not intend for the user, or even the DME to be able to replace the battery.  They make more money if you have to replace the machine when the battery goes dead. 

One would hope a modern computer device like this would keep such things in non-volatile memory, but big tech companies do very bizarre things to save a few cents.   Or simply bizarre things like Respironics not having a way to reset the clock in the clinician's menu.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 9 282 04-24-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Tmjidaho
  [Equipment] BEFORE YOU BUY A MEDISTROM BATTERY srlevine1 0 195 04-24-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 370 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 54 4,958 04-01-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Charliejoe
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 2,165 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 300 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
Question [Equipment] Proprietary Dreamstation Battery Cables? NorthernGuy 25 11,674 01-19-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Pastrywagon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.