Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Review please
Review please
So I have been on Apap for over 100 days and it has been a game changer for me.....except for the last few nights. I am having a reduced flow rate and increased flow limitations and I am not sure what is going on.
Pressures are set at 5-11 and my 95% average for the last 3 months is around an 8, but the last few nights I have been maxing out. Flow limitation is generaly a .03 and now I am seeing .10.
Thoughts?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Review please
I would raise my min to 7, that will help with your flow limits.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Your flow limitation is high. Using EPR will help, but you are not getting the full benefit of EPR when using a minimum pressure below 7cm.

However, I think you will see much better results with a minimum of 8cm and maximum at 12cm. Keep EPR at 3 (full time). This should help with FL, Hypopnea, Reras and at the same time keep your EPAP from dropping too low and keeping Obstructives from occurring. EPAP helps sprint the airway open.

Try these settings for a couple days and repost.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do, Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok here are 2 nights with the new settings, I feel worse.  On the first night, I had leaks like crazy and a marginally worse AHI. The second night I ran a new mask test and made adjustments, but had a lot more events and a much worse AHI than I normally do.  In the past, I have been having great scores with no leaks, I am not sure what changed. The first photo, July 5 is a shot of a normal night before things changed  Thoughts?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2023, 04:18 AM)SpinGently Wrote: In the past, I have been having great scores with no leaks, I am not sure what changed. The first photo, July 5  is a shot of a normal night before things changed  Thoughts?

The July 5 chart does look the best.... and it was not originally posted.  

You came on here concerned with your high flow limitation, which we addressed by moving your pressure from 5 to 8.  The EPR of 3 originally had no effect on your therapy due to the low pressure of 5.  

Re-reading your first post, you said you were on therapy for over 100 days with no problems, then things changed.  So, ask yourself what changed when you noticed the higher FL.  

The increase in leaks can cause sleep disruptions.  Have you changed the mask cushion lately?  Tighten or loosen the straps?  

My suggestion is to revisit the pressure range where you felt most rested, but realize that most folk have AHI variations night to night.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2023, 05:31 AM)OpalRose Wrote: The July 5 chart does look the best.... and it was not originally posted.  

You came on here concerned with your high flow limitation, which we addressed by moving your pressure from 5 to 8.  The EPR of 3 originally had no effect on your therapy due to the low pressure of 5.  

Re-reading your first post, you said you were on therapy for over 100 days with no problems, then things changed.  So, ask yourself what changed when you noticed the higher FL.  

The increase in leaks can cause sleep disruptions.  Have you changed the mask cushion lately?  Tighten or loosen the straps?  

My suggestion is to revisit the pressure range where you felt most rested, but realize that most folk have AHI variations night to night.
Sorry for not posting a baseline photo, hindsight says that would have been helpful. I honest can’t think of anything that has changed. My sleep schedule is constant. I have 3 cushions for my mask that I rotate out weekly when I clean my gear. I actually thought about that and swapped for another last night which resulted in worse performance. My strap feels like it fits the same though I am sure there could be some creep and stretch over time. 
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. Cpap is an interesting journey.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 236 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 153 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 187 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 134 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 238 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 55,465 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Sleep Study Review - Missed PLMS? pezhead99 4 378 01-22-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: WhyMe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.