Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sackman101 - Therapy Request
Sackman101 - Therapy Request
Hey All,
As an introduction, my name is Sean - recently diagnosed with sleep apnea with an AHI of 48. Been using CPAP for a week and feeling a whole lot better. I am not getting much support from my provider so taking action into my own hands with settings.
Started with an open range of 4-20 - felt like i was waking up starving for air so made an intuitive decision to up minimum to 7. Also they provided an EPR of +3 and to my understanding the minimum should thus be 7 at a min.

I would like to know if there are any recommendations to improve current treatment based off my charts.
Thanks.
If you advise would be great to also get the reasons so i can learn.
#power to the people.
Sean

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Settings Adjustment
Welcome

You did very well in raising your beginning pressure to 7.  Good for you!  Overall things look pretty good.  I can't see if you have ramp turned on.  If you do I suggest that you turn it off.  You get almost no therapy during ramp.  Your flow limits are high.  At this point, I'm not sure how to advise you on that.  Let's see how your therapy goes.  Post a report whenever you want, and we will offer additional advice.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
With your flow limits still high I would raise the min by 1 to min 8 and we will see how that helps.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the Apnea circus where everyone is treated poor to fair. Yes, in light of these flow limits giving the busy chart look, your only option after EPR 3 is increasing Min pressure. That’s your likely big area to make this better, as of now.

Keep an eye on your OSCAR reported leaks too. You have some fairly frequent, but at mid levels. If they were to increase, action to correct would be likely.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey All,
Thanks for the responses, really appreciated.
@Deborah ramp is off.

I will be increasing my minimum by 1 and will report back.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a thought what about decreasing EPR? and how does that interplay with pressure
Post Reply Post Reply
No... there is a reason why we recommend the use of EPR 3. In your case, the FL is high, and you show Hypopneas and Reras. (All disruptive to sleep.) You will defeat the purpose of trying to tackle this if you lower EPR.

Since EPR hasn't brought FL down, the only tool left is to increase minimum pressure.

Look at your median and 95% pressure readings... let's try to get the minimum pressure closer at least to the median.

Summary:

No Ramp.
Minimum set to 8 cm. (You may need higher)
Keep EPR set at 3 (full time)

Give this a couple days and repost.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Opal and all.
I will make those adjustments and report back.
Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
Morning Guys,
I upped as recommended, felt like a horrible sleep with more OAs than before (attached report).
Should i maintain for a bit and see or adjust - I do know patience is key?
Thanks
Sean

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Don't base results on one night. There are different variables that makeup a night of sleep, and we all see varying results night to night.

You may need a little higher minimum pressure, but give it another night.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] sleepybighead Therapy Thread sleepybighead 3 69 2 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Request for OSCAR advice after several months of use benswon 3 97 Yesterday, 04:17 PM
Last Post: benswon
Wink hwnboy therapy thread hwnboy 42 1,036 Yesterday, 01:02 PM
Last Post: hwnboy
  Jobien therapy thread jobien 1 92 Yesterday, 07:36 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Tbrock8905 - Therapy Thread Tbrock8905 31 491 05-16-2024, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Tbrock8905
  Shadowknight - Therapy Analysis Shadowknight 8 240 05-16-2024, 04:05 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 56 1,511 05-16-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.