Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Should I turn off EPR??
Should I turn off EPR??
Using Airsense 11 with:
  • Cpap 9
  • EPR 1
  • Auto Humidity
  • Auto Temp
  • No Ramp
I have a p30i mask

I sleep decent-to-good, not amazing.  Much better than without cpap therapy.  

Would like to reduce my events.  Should I be concerned about flow limit?  Will turning off epr reduce my CA events?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should I turn off EPR??
You are currently bumping up towards the threshold on your flow limit where normally EPR would be recommended.  However, with the EPR being set to 1, and you are experiencing so many CAs, I would say you could turn it off and give it a try.  This is also based on the fact that you are using a static pressure setting.  A Resmed uses the flow limits to determine its pressure in the auto mode for trying to overcome these flow reductions.  If you were to use the auto mode, your current flow limits would drive your pressure up to its maximum setting.  This would not be a good thing.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm no expert, but I cut my CA events in half by turning off EPR. Be aware, though, that your flow limits will probably go up.
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also decrease flow limits by increasing your constant pressure. Be mindful that increasing pressure can increase central apneas but not as much as EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm always game to double-down. Increase EPR to setting 2 and see if it gets worse or not. Most of your CA are random events or at the end of a session. If CA goes up with EPR 2, then try turning it down. New CPAP users often experience increased CA events due to better ventilation and washout of CO2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Do you turn off your Airsense in the morning after using? dharma2255 9 872 04-10-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 1,595 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
Question Is it OK to turn on an oxygen concentrator before my APAP machine? EMihalis 10 970 12-15-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen tierdal 12 4,306 07-22-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: silverdr
  [Equipment] Screen Light - how to turn off Hopingforachange 4 2,635 04-04-2023, 01:50 AM
Last Post: zellem
  [Equipment] Turn off Ramp. CactusJack 4 10,181 03-30-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: DISleepApnea
Question Trilogy EVO leak compensation - can we adjust/turn off Steph19 2 1,741 01-21-2023, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Steph19

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.