Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Someone else sleep study, need review from you
Someone else sleep study, need review from you
Hello, here it is someone else sleep study. 57 years old-MALE, 180 CM and 120 KG. 
He was officially diagnosed with central sleep apnea.

I am posting here charts from the sleep study which I have currently, cannot post more charts because I don't have it.

He did test PSG with a neurologist hospital, so He went to the pulmonologist and  he said (pulmonologist ) he doesn't have sleep apnea. 

I am not sure if the pulmonologist or HE is lying. Somebody has to be wrong.

Can you review it and give your opinion ? I have sleep apnea and I am totally sure that he has sleep apnea.

Maybe this is not Central sleep apnea, maybe it is obstructive, but clearly it IS.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Someone else sleep study, need review from you
If I am reading it correctly, 132 apnoea and hypopnoea over an 8-hour window is an AHI of ~16. Their arousal index is ~14. In the States that would qualify as moderate sleep apnoea.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know what level of sleep disordered breathing is used to diagnose a problem in Croatia. In the U.S. the AHI of 19 would certainly qualify for diagnosing sleep apnea and prescribing CPAP. I would disagree this individual does not have a mild to moderate sleep breathing disorder that would benefit from positive air pressure therapy. It seems like most events are central, but I rarely see an individual diagnosed with CSA in spite of a majority of events being central, without co-morbid health conditions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thank you guys.
Anyway, I (and we ) think he forgot to take his paper with the AHI diagnosis and just took one in which he was sleeping with CPAP and CD with CPAP too so yeah, he didn't check if he has every paper with himself so he will need to go to the pulmonologist again. ( I scanned this couple months ago but just these 3 pages)

Be aware of your parents because I think now that you need to check papers when they are going to a doctor to see if they have everything with them, probably it would be better just to go with them. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
You are being a good son taking care of your parents! Yes, from my own experience, parents can need a bit of coaching to make sure all the info is correct at the doctor's. Sleep data can be especially confusing and sometimes you have to be assertive. Are you able to go with them?

In the US, we can get a CPAP without a prescription if we pay out of pocket. Sometimes that's a lot easier and cheaper than dealing with doctors.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [Diagnosis] Please help interpret sleep study results!! Could this be UARS? Kriiistine 3 144 Today, 03:47 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Bloating | Data Review | Alternative Treatments eh4tings 0 68 06-14-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: eh4tings
  [Treatment] Cholraj's CPAP Therapy Thread + Oscar data review aktmdn 18 1,541 06-10-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Sleep study results Copperfld 5 216 06-07-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 83 7,941 06-05-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep
  [Diagnosis] Would uars be detected/noticed by doctors in a in lab study? Fantasieimpromptu 2 136 06-03-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Fantasieimpromptu
  Sleep HQ 1 month of data review slipperslacroix 2 218 05-25-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.