Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Test results
RE: Test results
(08-13-2023, 03:24 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The accuracy of in-lab polysomnography is the gold standard. Your Lofta test did a good job of providing results consistent with the lab. Higher event rates may be more due to Lofta not having true EKG leads to detect sleep and stage, or even normal night to night variations.

Given my results in this thread from both my in lab and Lofta studies, would you suggest trying to obtain and going straight to a used AirCurve VAuto or try a used AirSense 10 first? Lofta had much higher RDI, and both had <5 AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to check and see if anyone had an opinion to help guide me based on my numbers
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi team - I got my hands on a pre owned AirCurve VAuto 10 and p10 mask. How’s this as starting point?
mode = VAuto, min EPAP = 4, max 20, PS = 3, Ramp = off, Trigger Sensitivity high?
Post Reply Post Reply
Those would be decent first-cut settings, but I hope you can share a chart soon so we can narrow that down. Congrats on the new Vauto.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2024, 06:04 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Those would be decent first-cut settings, but I hope you can share a chart soon so we can narrow that down. Congrats on the new Vauto.

That’s the plan!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2024, 06:04 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Those would be decent first-cut settings, but I hope you can share a chart soon so we can narrow that down. Congrats on the new Vauto.

Any suggestions on comfort tweaks to settings? I have not been able to sleep as I feel enough pressure upon start of exhale to make me a little lightheaded / nauseated. When I took the pillows out, one of my nostrils was blocked which may be the reason too. Can CPAP cause congestion? I still have plenty water in humidifier and heated tube set to auto. I typically don’t have congestion at night like this and woke up with congestion in both nostrils which never happens
Post Reply Post Reply
Please update your profile to show your current machine, mask and keep settings updated as we move along. https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp.php

You are starting on the lowest pressure possible at EPAP min 4.0 with PS 3.0. It doesn't get any lower than that, so I can only suggest that we limit the maximum pressure as that may be rising as you lay awake. We at least need to get you started, so change maximum pressure to 10.0. Try wearing the machine while reading or watching TV to help become accustomed to the pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2024, 09:20 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Please update your profile to show your current machine, mask and keep settings updated as we move along. https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp.php

You are starting on the lowest pressure possible at EPAP min 4.0 with PS 3.0.  It doesn't get any lower than that, so I can only suggest that we limit the maximum pressure as that may be rising as you lay awake.  We at least need to get you started, so change maximum pressure to 10.0. Try wearing the machine while reading or watching TV to help become accustomed to the pressure.
Thanks! I was looking for where to change my settings in user control panel but only see notepad, and threads/posts I’ve made. Is there a button I’m missing?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your profile is in the UserCP (User Control Panel) → Your Profile → Edit Profile. Your name links to your profile.
Here is a quick link: https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp...on=profile

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cant seem to get stable results after 1 yr Mr Pink 8 204 04-27-2024, 05:39 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question Maybe UARS? Overnight Ox Results Nospoons 2 105 04-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Nospoons
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 10 326 04-22-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 22 589 04-22-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,704 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 2,023 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 202 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.