Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help Adjust Settings - AHI Rarely <3
Help Adjust Settings - AHI Rarely <3
I've been using my CPAP since September 2023.  I took a break for a few months after I had the turbinate reduction procedure.  I still tend to breathe mostly with my mouth and still have nasal swelling from allergies, which I'm also getting treated.  My nasal breathing isn't nearly as bad as it was before, but I still feel like I don't get enough air from only nasal breathing.

I've tried a few different masks with my AirSense 11.  I've used the F&P Vitera for about a week and its more comfortable than the F20.  I tried the F30i and it always showed crazy high leaks.  I have facial hair too.

I'll attach a few days of graphs from OSCAR.  I'm new to the app and looking at my own data.

I never got a detailed copy of my sleep study, but the doctor said my AHI was 8 from the sleep study (it was an in-home one).  With the CPAP I've only been able to get it down to 3-4, but rarely below that.  I still feel tired when I wake up.

I've done lots of reading and have adjusted my own pressures, but I can't seem to get it dialed in.  My prescription had the standard pressure of 4-20 and I always felt like I was gasping for air when I was trying to fall asleep.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help Adjust Settings - AHI Rarely <3
I think you would benefit if you utilized the EPR setting. Try setting EPR 3 (full time).

This will help with flow limitation and smooth out the ups and downs with the pressure.

Also, your leaks rate is too high. Which full face mask are you wearing?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the suggestion. Right now the F&P Vitera. I started with the silicon F20 and had similar leaks. The memory foam F20 seemed to have worse leaks. I also tried the F30i and that had the worst leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
this might help...

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ask_Primer

click on the link
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I changed my EPR to 3 Full Time.  It definitely improved the leak rate, but it actually made my AHI go up an average of 1, including my OA events.  Attached are graphs from the past 2 nights.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I think you need to raise your upper-pressure limit.  I suggest that you raise it to 16.  Your machine won't go higher than you need, so there is no danger in doing this.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone help me to see if I need to adjust my pressure settings kalannar 1 107 06-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 413 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 1,086 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using Vcom : do i adjust my EPR? theredheadsaid 65 8,254 09-09-2023, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Equipment] Adjust time on Airsense 11 Liveoak86 2 802 08-19-2023, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Liveoak86
Sad Please review my data and help me adjust my settings DC2Shogun 61 4,903 08-13-2023, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is it time to adjust up or down? SleeplessNSeattle 1 515 07-16-2023, 02:36 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.