Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Help with oscar data
Help with oscar data
I've done some searching around here and found some oscar guides but it's been kind of daunting trying to learn everything. I've been using cpap for almost a year now, did some tinkering with the settings early on and many nights I'm under 1 ahi so I've never thought to look more into it... But I still get the occasional nights between a 2-4ish ahi and I'm hoping to get rid of them for good.

Can anyone offer any insight into this data for me? 

My initial thought was just a leak issue but if I'm reading this correctly that doesn't seem to be a huge problem. Can it be something with my pressure settings?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with oscar data
I agree that your leaks are not the problem.  In the charts you show most of your apneas are CAs.  Were there a lot of CAs in your sleep study?  I'm guessing not, since your apneas are under one most nights.  If you lowered your EPR setting your CAs might go down a little, but then your flow limits would go up.  The flow limits are more important to avoid, so I suggest you leave EPR right where it is and ignore the CAs.

I note that your median pressure is a little over 8, so you might benefit from raising your low-pressure setting to 8.2.  It may not make any difference but it can't hurt either.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum alimo11, Deborah has good advice in her post to follow, I would just add that you don't need your max pressure set that high, please dial it down to 13-14cm.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both for the advice! Raised the min and lowered the max as you've each suggested, so far so good.

As for the ca's I'm a bit confused by those showing up, you're correct that they were not an issue in my original sleep study.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome, I'd give it a few more nights then post another daily chart, maybe two or three to see if the CAs are persistent.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would say your leaks are actually pretty bad, and they're coinciding well with your central apneas / periods of increased disordered breathing AND with your increases in pressure. The reason you're still having some elevated AHIs is because of central apneas, so it's not an obstructive issue, but instead likely a pressure / leak issue. I would narrow your pressure range significantly and just avoid some of the higher pressures it reaches for to see if that does the trick. I agree that lowering EPR might help towards the same end, and you'll just have to do a little trial and error to see. There's a chance reducing EPR will sabotage your therapy too, but we can't know until we try. Keep in mind that leaks can cause CAs.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 24 846 08-30-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Interpreting OSCAR data (relatively new CPAP user) bolivar98 11 423 08-28-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] Oscar data help - is CPAP right for me? george bonanza 3 209 08-27-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: george bonanza
  New to OSCAR, need some help understanding my data sleepadventure 3 172 08-23-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: sleepadventure
  Just discovered OSCAR, how does my data look? mtdang 6 295 08-22-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] (I'm Tired) Please help interpret my Oscar data frolic 4 350 08-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] OSCAR data review help - can I get better sleep somehow? da38 5 294 08-21-2024, 04:05 AM
Last Post: da38

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.