Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Villui - Sleep Therapy Thread
RE: Reading Oscar report
Good luck!!
Post Reply Post Reply
You can’t begin to know how much I appreciate your guidance and from others!  I will keep you posted!
Many thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi:  I had my appointment with pulmonologist today.  He is ordering a 2nd study and prescribed me Lunesta 2mg during the interim. I go back and see him in 30 days.  I printed my Oscar reports and when we went over the reports.  His report numbers were the same.  He said numbers looked good but will tweak with the 2nd study.  I expressed my concerns re the CA and hypoxias. He said no concern.  I told him how I joined an apnea support group and how all share information.  He didn’t seem very happy about that.  Told me not to change the settings. 

Well, I just changed the settings as previously suggested.  I’ll post charts in a week. 

Is Lunesta routinely prescribed?  

Many thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Starving for air
Hi:  I can't find the thread where someone suggested I change my original setting of 10-6 and said to post a week of readings with the new setting. I hope whoever did reviews my readings.

I immediately noticed a positive difference with the new settings.  Some nights when I'm experiencing the nasal congestion (associated with my gastroparesis) I don't breath well but overall I feel better.  If I should tweak settings again please offer your suggestions.  

I'm getting a second sleep study in December (same pulmonologist prescribed it).  After that I have appointment to see if I'm a candidate for the Inspire device. Even though I have reservations about Inspire because it's new to the market I'm going to see what the 2nd opinion pulmonologist recommends and discuss my reservations.  MEANWHILE, I'm using this machine and think I'm getting use to it.    I'm also trying to figure out what size full face mask works for me so I'm experiencing air leakage in the process.  The med hurts my nose bridge and the small is more comfortable but I think too many leaks.   I saw a hybrid nose pillow/mouth mask but can't find a local vendor.

Your suggestions on how to improve my readings greatly appreciated.

Attached Files
.pdf   Oct 22 2023 10_6.pdf (Size: 1.05 MB / Downloads: 9)
.pdf   Oct 24 2023 new setting.pdf (Size: 760.42 KB / Downloads: 5)
.pdf   Oct 25 2023.pdf (Size: 835.94 KB / Downloads: 11)
Post Reply Post Reply
more readings

Attached Files
.pdf   Oct 26 2023.pdf (Size: 900.27 KB / Downloads: 0)
.pdf   Oct 28 2023.pdf (Size: 850.52 KB / Downloads: 0)
.pdf   Oct 29 2023.pdf (Size: 682.93 KB / Downloads: 3)
Post Reply Post Reply
the last of the suggested uploads for your review and suggestions for improvement.
Greatly appreciated.

Attached Files
.pdf   Oct 31 2023 not good.pdf (Size: 936.49 KB / Downloads: 3)
.pdf   Stats as of Nov 17 2023.pdf (Size: 60.3 KB / Downloads: 2)
Post Reply Post Reply
I made that recommendation, link is in the quote:

(10-24-2023, 07:16 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Villui, your events are mainly centrals. With  your Aircurve 10 Vauto, I recommend you change your settings as follows:

Mode: BiPAP S
EPAP: 6.0
IPAP: 9.4
Trigger Sensitivity: High

This should clear up most of the events.  Please give it a try and post new results when available. This change will lower the pressure support from 4.0 to 3.4 cm and the high trigger sensitivity will give you a better breathing queue when you miss a breath (central event) because it triggers IPAP with less airflow and spontaneous effort.  We may even change trigger to Very High if needed.  Please note your doctor is probably not even aware of this setting.

Your results since making that change have been excellent, with consistently better AHI and quieter looking breathing. If you're comfortable, then mission accomplished, well done!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2023, 11:50 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Many people who are starting CPAP have the pressures set to min 4 max 20 and that was done at the DME.  It just is not set up correctly.  You need a min of anywhere from 7 on up.  

I've read comments like this before, specifically that 4 or 5 cm is too low a pressure to begin a sleep session, that the person will experience "air starvation" due to not getting sufficient air.

The part of this that makes no sense is that (for example) my Apap can blow in excess of 100 liters/min of air at 5 cm. That's close to 20 times as much air as the normal adult actually breathes per minute. So it can't be "air starvation".
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so very much!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just found this thread (in case folks wondering why no follow up from me here.). I posted all reports on a separate thread that’ll I use for related future inquiries.
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 89 2,246 7 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] flyinnerd - Therapy Help flyinnerd 2 52 7 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Dalemazkour - Therapy Help Dalemazkour 40 940 11 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sackman101 - Therapy Request Sackman101 41 873 Yesterday, 12:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 41 1,073 Yesterday, 08:15 AM
Last Post: wjg1
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 0 39 05-03-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
Question Pawpri - Therapy Analysis Pawpri 65 2,055 05-03-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.