Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

please help me make sense of my central apneas
RE: please help me make sense of my central apneas
setting min and max the same on apap instead of turning the machine to cpap mode? what's the reasoning for that? 

my plan (so i don't abuse the support you're providing me):

- set 11.6 min 11.6 max w/ 3 epr. if dealing with obstructive/hypopnea/rera, increase pressure slowly until those are eliminated
- if i'm dealing with more centrals because of pressure increase, i'll try reducing epr (i read on the optimizing therapy page that reducing epr could help reduce centrals)
- if i experience more flow limitations with reduced epr, or if i can't tolerate the pressure without epr, i'll have to find a middle ground somewhere and/or wait for my septoplasty surgery and potentially explore getting a mandibular device for additional support.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some of the Autoset machines do not report flow limits in CPAP mode, so using APAP mode with fixed pressure is a work-around. Otherwise, should not make a difference. I was one of the authors on the Optimizing Therapy wiki, and yes, we often reduce EPR, especially when 95th percentile flow limits are low, or zero as in your case. I should have been paying attention.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
oh interesting. past data when i was in cpap mode shows that my airsense 11 is still measuring flow limits. i have so much more understanding now in how to slowly experiment. i'll report back if i either have perfected my settings or if i run into any roadblocks. your guidance has been very great and so has been the optimizing therapy page you helped write.
Post Reply Post Reply
so it seems pressure 14 epr 2 can give me 1 really good night! except i have a stomach ache from swallowing some air last night. bleh.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
14/12 pressure resolves the AHI, but you may have to compromise therapy for sleep disordered breathing to find a tolerable pressure for your aerophagia. Only you can really find that sweet spot by titrating downward until you find the situation you can live with.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 20 770 Yesterday, 02:53 AM
Last Post: stevew168
Question Sudden increase in central apneas eyeloveeyez 1 62 04-25-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 8 383 04-22-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: joeblough
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 12 2,738 04-13-2024, 04:19 PM
  Cannabis treating central apneas? ashwa 17 2,652 04-12-2024, 01:39 PM
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 165 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
Question [CPAP] Clear Airway/Central AI? mattymast 3 213 03-30-2024, 09:43 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.