Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A New Machine Issue and Another Thing!
Question 
A New Machine Issue and Another Thing!
So I've had my AirSense 11 for a little more than a month. If I shut off the machine in the middle of the night, and take off my mask, I notice that air is still blowing lightly, and silently thru the mask. If I place the mask behind my pillow (tubing still attached), about 30 min later the machine turns back on an starts blowing full force. Anyone else having this happen? Very strange.

ALSO, I am having another in home sleep test in early April. There is a chance I don't have sleep apnea anymore. I have been sleeping well with the machine, but many times without it. If I get uncomfortable during the night, I take the mask off. Then I check my Fitbit in the morning and I seem to be getting more deep sleep when I'm not using it. I was diagnosed 10 years ago, and have lost considerable weight in the last 6 years and am thinking that could be the reason.Of course the test will give me the answer, but any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A New Machine Issue and Another Thing!
Resmed devices have a cool-down cycle that lasts 20 minutes. Anytime your start the machine and stop it, it will continue to blow at low volume to cool and dry the device and tubing, unless you disconnect the power.

Good luck with the test. It's rare that any one that needs CPAP, spontaneously resolves the problem that led to the diagnosis. Weight loss helps, as does overall fitness.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dear Sleeprider,
I had my in home sleep study on April 1, and just this week, on April 10, got back the results.
My condition has indeed resolved itself! My incidents per hour were 3.7, and I no longer have sleep apnea! This happened over time, it was not spontaneous. And I know other people that this has happened to, so it is possible. I was not surprised with this result because I noticed that I started to feel different, but I am certainly elated!
Post Reply Post Reply
Happy to hear those positive results! It's very rare, but welcome I'm sure!
Did they attribute it to the weight loss?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great to hear your sleep apnea as mostly resolved and your CPAP therapy is optional. It is very rare to see cases like yours verified through sleep test.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,
Why do you say “mostly resolved”? 3.7 is in the range of normal.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2024, 06:04 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Happy to hear those positive results!  It's very rare, but welcome I'm sure!  
Did they attribute it to the weight loss?

Thank you, OpalRose! I will see my sleep doctor on 4/29 and ask him. I'll let you know what he says.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 9 1,580 04-23-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 20 666 04-22-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: cps22
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 265,665 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 245 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,588 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 179 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 837 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.