Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 cutting off repeatedly at night.
Airsense 10 cutting off repeatedly at night.
My 91-year old Mom has an airsense 10 and she just let me know on this visit that her machine cuts off at night. Look at this stats listing! It all started going haywire Nov 8th. Unfortunately, she has memory issues so it is hard to tell from her what exactly is happening.

Clearly her Dr is NOT monitoring her machine if this is being reported! Do sleep doctors really monitor them?

Has anyone seen a Resmed do this? It cuts off several times in the night and she wakes sometimes because it is off. Other times, I think she has probably been struggling to breath.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 cutting off repeatedly at night.
I might have a reason. Turns out the person cleaning the equipment plugged in the heated host without the electrical pins aligned. The unit SHOULD NOT let you get it plugged in (by forcing) if aligned incorrectly, but I think that might be it. I'll see how well it works after that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. Many have reported this problem when the Smart Start option is enabled. It ceased after they turned it off.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It could be the Smart Start feature, which has been known to cause the machine to shut off.

The reasons are unknown, but could be if there is a very high leak rate, the pap machine could shut down if it doesn't detect a breath.

You might want to disable that feature.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I'll disable it, but I hope my Mom can be reminded to turn it on before or as she puts it on. Her memory is getting pretty bad....   Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 210 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,405 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  airsense 11 cutting off in therapy alphamale 1 295 01-11-2024, 12:17 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  AirSense 11 not recording entire night wellivea1 6 826 08-29-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 889 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  FOT (Forced Oscillation Technique) waking me up repeatedly isuckatsleeping 41 7,825 06-23-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 938 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.