06-15-2014, 12:52 PM
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2014, 01:07 PM by vsheline.)
(06-15-2014, 11:08 AM)JJJ Wrote: I should have added that the additional channels for this night that I have never seen before or since were Pulse Rate and SpO2. I assume Pulse Rate refers to my breathing rate and not heart rate. And as for SpO2, I don't have any equipment other than the S9 Autoset, so I don't know where that data might have come from. Maybe part of the glitch is that the machine thought I had a pulse oximeter. Or maybe the glitch is in SleepyHead, not the machine. Are these two additional channels things that you'd see if you have a pulse oximeter?
Yes, pulse rate and saturation percentage of oxygen (SpO2) would be recorded by a Pulse Oximeter, and perhaps SleepyHead mis-imported the data.
Perhaps you can delete that day from SH and try re-downloading into SH.
Since you have a ResMed machine, ResScan can be used to check whether it was the machine (unlikely, I think) or a SleepyHead thing.
Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
When I went to bed last night I pulled the SD card out of the computer and inserted it into the S9 Autoset. Normally when I do this the screen lights up and displays "reading SD card" for a long time, then goes back to its normal display. But last night I got nada. I reinserted the SD card several times, but the machine did not recognize it.
After many mutterings of <expletive deleted>, I gave up. I was highly annoyed, because this had happened to me many months previously with my PRS1. In the case of the PRS1 it turned out to be a defective card reader, which some months later I was able to repair, so the PRS1 now sits in the closet as my backup machine. Hence I was very worried that the card reader in the S9 Autoset had failed.
As a first line of attack on the problem I took the SD card back to the computer, where it mounted and displayed its files perfectly. For the heck of it I decided to rename one of the files on the card by appending .old. Then I took the card back to the bedroom and inserted it into the S9 Autoset again. And voilà! The machine's screen came to life! Yay!
But this time the screen said the card was defective and did I want to reformat it. Since I knew SleepyHead had already saved its most recent data to the hard drive in the computer, I let the machine reformat the card. After a long time it finished, and I proceeded to go to bed.
When I got up this morning I put the card into the computer and it worked as always. I do not know if the failure to read the card the first time was related to the bogus data, but it seems like a strong possibility.