Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brand new Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset - Warreny Repair
Brand new Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset - Warreny Repair
Hi all,

Looking for other peoples experience with a similar situation. I've been on a two month trial of a Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset while I went through the pre-approval with my insurance company. Once all that was approved, I returned my trial unit back to the company and purchased a brand new machine of the exact same model (my trial was the "for her model" but my purchase was the standard black).

The first night with the new machine I could tell instantly there was something wrong with the unit. I could hear the fan motor and what sounds like wind blowing in the humidifier chamber.

As I breath in and out I can hear different noises in the unit, made my first new nights with it hard to sleep because of the noise.

I was using the same basic model for two months so I know what I was hearing was very different to my previous experience.

I tried cleaning the humidifier chamber, reseating the gasket, taking it out, putting it in multiple times with no luck.

I contacted the company I purchased the unit from they very next day just to let them know I was having the trouble with it and yesterday they gave me a new humidifier chamber to try, but still the same issue.

Tomorrow I need to take the unit in for them to look at, if they can see the same think I do the next step will be for them to give me a loaner while they send my unit back for warranty. When I questioned this, they said they cannot just flat out replace my until and it must go back as warranty.

They stated that Resmed does not repair their units, and they simply take the unit back and send me a new one. I made it very clear that I had no interest in getting back a refurbished unit, but they claim that what I get back will be a brand new unit. I've asked for this in writing and they are going to try and get me that.

This has to last me 5 years, I refuse to be stuck with something that isn't brand new when the warranty is only for 3 years.

Just curious if anyone else has run into this? Very discouraging to pay over $2000 for a unit and have a lemon.

My suggestion, test the unit before you leave the office with it!

I'm OK with sending it back so long as I get a brand new machine back... but I'm not stupid either. This company does all these free "trials" with brand new machines, where do you think those units end up? Not in the garbage, they recycle them. I'm sure they're just fine, but I didn't buy a used machine.

Derf
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Brand new Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset - Warreny Repair
Since it was bad out-of-the-box, this should be a new replacement. Hearing sounds of wind in the humidifier compartment is almost always a seal, or poorly seated humidifier chamber. When you remove the humidifier chamber, there are two soft silicone seals mounted on the blower unit that seal to the humidifier chamber. I would guess one of those is missing, damaged or not installed correctly. Take a close look.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Both of those seals are there, but I did find another post where it showed a little picture of a small tab on one of them. I'm going to have another look at that tonight and see if that makes any difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
The 10 series has had some problems with its seals.
[Image: A10%20tank.PNG]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
My experience is almost identical to yours.

I had a trial unit for 5 weeks, then purchased a brand new unit.

It had serious noise issues from the first night. My supplier lent me a unit and the purchased one was sent back to Resmed for repair. I had it back within a week and so far it has been working fine. (they said it was a seal issue)

There was no talk of a replacement new unit, but I checked our consumer law and there is no requirement for that under our warranty system here in Australia.

I do have the extended 3 year warranty offered by Resmed. I will be sure to buy a second machine prior to the warranty expiring.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the suggestions, I did double check all the seals I could again but no luck. I took my unit in today and they could hear the same noise, it was quiet but that's partly because of other background noise and the unit was at low pressure.

They've sent it in to Resmed to have replaced and gave me another loaner in the mean time, they said that warranty work has been taking upwards of two months! I find that crazy!

I'm half annoyed because now I'm back to using a "for her model" BUT, that's two months less "wear and tear" on mine. I'm told the warranty with it is three years, but my insurance only covers one every 5 years.

Anyway, hopefully they can get it sorted and it won't actually take two months! Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with the other poster. This is not a warranty repair. You were given a broken machine and it should be REPLACED by the seller.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I hear that kind of noise it means I haven't pushed the humidifier into the machine fully. It has to lock in place.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 476 7 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,934 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 409 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,337 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 182 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 0 94 03-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: jed3
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,021 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.