Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP - BiPAP Help Needed
Video 
CPAP - BiPAP Help Needed
Dear Board Members

I need serious help in getting my issue resolved

Here is a little background:

I did a sleep study in my home country couple of years back and was diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea. at that time i was unable to buy a cpap because of funds and was relocating as well so it went calm. I moved to another country in middle east and starting of current year I purchased a CPAP machine (resmed airsense 10 auto) from a supplier (sleep apnea test and consultation is not covered in insurance and pretty expensive here)

The problem is, since day 1, the AHI index is not getting down despite of numerous settings which this supplier is recommending. I was always above 25 and now last week only supplier gave me a bipap machine S9 on trial if i can get some relief but still i am getting more AHI's. 

I am using a full face mask. can anyone help me out on this please

Sleepy head stats attached

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP - BiPAP Help Needed
We can see that you need help. What we need to see to really help you are the daily charts. See the 5 steps link in my signature and pay attention to organization. Not all charts are equally important.

so please post a daily chart so we can see what you are dealing with.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your events are central, no CPAP or simple BiPAP is going to be a solution as you would need ASV (adaptive servo ventilator) to provide pressure support on a breath by breath basis to overcome the central apnea. If however your problem is obstructive sleep apnea, we can get you where you need to be with your current machine. You should have the data to answer the question, what kind of events are you having? Let's start there.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bonjour, Sleeprider

Thanks for the support

I am having obstructive apneas.

Sorry as a new member, I am not allowed to post until I have 4 posts....
Post Reply Post Reply
Will post it shortly
Post Reply Post Reply
post with a space (htt p://imgur.xxxxxx.png)
Post Reply Post Reply
on behalf of addicted

[Image: UQJY6kW.png]

[Image: w2R862v.png]

[Image: DQLcv2w.png]

[Image: igk6R9D.png]

[Image: 5V1COWP.png]

[Image: I5IX4pA.png]

[img] http://i.imgur.com/k8tVCYv.png[/img]

[Image: aFnrB1V.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Pressure has maxed out and obstructive apnea is not responding. You need to get a soft cervical collar and correct the physical obstruction that is occurring to your airway. This happens with some people when the head and neck are out of alignment, and the airway becomes occluded. Your charts tell us this is what is happening as flow limitations, snores (choking), and OA all correspond with maximum CPAP pressure. You must correct this positional apena which can occur on your side or back by using something that supports your neck in alignment, and prevents you from tucking your chin. A proper fit for the collar is a circumference that lets you easily slip a couple fingers between the collar and your neck, and a height that applies gentle pressure to your jaw, but is not uncomfortable or rigid.

This thread by another Apneaboard Monitor (Melman) back in February this year is an example of how correcting this problem can have amazing results cutting AHI that looks like yours, to very low or even zero. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ght-s-Data
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I will get the collar and try tonight
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi addicted,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post, good luck with CPAP therapy and getting it fine-tuned to meet your needs.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 50 03-17-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 202 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 77 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,019 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 181 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  help needed teamarliss 7 261 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP to BiPAP... Korndog 22 1,152 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Korndog

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.