Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Advice on ASV machine
RE: Advice on ASV machine
(10-29-2023, 06:18 PM)jtrops Wrote: The Aircurve ASV that I mentioned in my first post is $250, and includes a new unopened mask, and hose.  I have found some other devices with low hours between $250 and $350, but those either don't come with hose/mask, or they are used and we would replace them.  

$474 isn't bad, and while all of this is a bit of a reach for us, it is far more workable than $1200.  

I'ts good to know that the 10 is preferred.  Size is not important to us, but we don't want something that may not be as reliable.

Circling back to this post, you are finding some pretty amazing prices, and the ASV is nearly unbelievable.  Someone doesn't know what they have, or it's a scam.  Buying a mask with the CPAP, even if new is not my preferred approach.  For a new user, I want to buy a mask with a "fit-kit" or multiple sizes of cushions. I also want to start a new user on nasal pillows because it is the lightest, easiest to fit, and least intrusive interface. Many of the online DMEs provide a fit-guarantee where you can return a mask that does not fit or is incompatible with the way the customer sleeps. This allows a mask to be returned with full credit towards a replacement of another brand, model or size. For someone just starting out, that's a big advantage.  It's fine to trial a mask that comes with a CPAP machine, but I would not base a decision on that.  If you end up ordering a mask, we can talk further about this and how to leverage discounts and a return policy. 

A new machine at the right price may be able to be applied towards a deductible if you have insurance and comes with a warranty. I have personally had pretty good luck with used machines, but have also come across ones that were exposed to smoke or that developed problems. Both of the problem machines were Philips System One models, and I have done pretty well with Resmed.  I know of one member that bought online and the seller mailed broken glass instead of a CPAP. An obvious fraud. Unfortunately she did not use a safe payment method like Paypal that would have protected the purchase.  Be sure you don't use cash-like payment methods that leave you no recourse if a purchase does not work out.  Doing the purchase in person in a public place with an available power outlet to ensure the machine works and is as represented is ideal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
All of the machines I'm finding are local, and I would be able to plug them in before purchasing.  The ASV is pretty easy for me to get to as well.  I don't know how many hours it has on it, but as was pointed out earlier in the thread it's probably not a good fit for my wife. 

At this point I'm keeping my eye out for an Airsense 10 Autoset.  She has already decided that she wants to try the nasal pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife has been on the Airsense 10 and Resmed Airfit P10 nasal pillows over 5 years now. I set up her pressures, did a little optimization then took my hands off the wheel. She uses it every night and seems comfortable. I haven't looked at her Oscar data in almost two years. I did check the run hours recently and she is going to need a new machine soon.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2 Night on CPAP! Need Advice ed2397 1 125 04-23-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 24 1,111 04-22-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 265,719 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 211 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,672 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 387 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 557 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.