Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] O2Ring timestamps
O2Ring timestamps
We got the O2Ring for my wife (who has Resmed Airsense 11) and have been using it 3 nights so far. The O2Ring firmware version is 1.9.0 and we have ViHealth mobile app ver 2.74.53 to collect the data for forwarding by email to a PC (in both .pdf and .csv format.)

The first two nights of data look accurate as it matches my wife's notes that she takes during the night whenever she wakes up (for example when the cpap starts leaking.) The third night, the data shows start and stop times that are about 1.5 hours earlier than the actual times. The duration of the recordings is correct though, so it seems to be the right data but just 1.5 hours off.

Has anyone else noticed issues with O2Ring or ViHealth timestamps?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: O2Ring timestamps
Did the battery happen to go completely dead at any point?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for response, Jeff.  No the battery has always been at least half full.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes My O2Ring has occasionally (not very often) gone off by an exact number of hours. When I spot that, I edit the name of the file before importing it to OSCAR, it's just the date and time in obvious numbers. As I reported about a fortnight ago..

Datetimes can also be fixed for O2 Insight, partially through a similar filename change, though the complete fix (so the right datetime appears in the report) requires binary (e.g. hex) editing skills.

The Developers of ViHealth, the official phone app for O2Ring, told me that there was no user-friendly way to fix data already imported to it. I bet there is a way, but it might be a bit too hacky for most people.

Given it's a recurring issue, and people need to be able to synch their data, I think the developers ought to provide a user friendly way of fixing datetimes, in both/all their relevant apps.
Post Reply Post Reply
A couple of times it's been off by 8 hours. I've had to get in the habit of checking the ring's time before masking, and if it's incorrect I synchronize it with the computer. It's only been off a couple of times, but on one of those occasions the time changed during the night after I'd done my pre-check, and I didn't think to check it before I downloaded it. It's annoying that there's not an easy correction, but at least the file renaming before importing into Oscar works.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your responses.

After uninstalling and reinstalling the ViHealth app, the times were correct.  Since then I've noticed the time displayed on the ring is sometimes off (by several hours).  As herenthere suggested, connecting the app and resynching with the ring via bluetooth seems to restore the correct time.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would appear that you may have a defective O2Ring. If it is still under warranty, I would recommend that you contact the seller for a return or service,

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 20 671 04-22-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: cps22
  DO NOT use O2Ring. Use Iwearpulse bhavintu79 4 310 04-07-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  o2ring not detected by PC goku 10 3,475 12-15-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  [split] Wellue O2Ring Questions NelsonM 4 599 07-05-2023, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  O2ring Motion Detection? Windswell 4 1,039 04-14-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Best way to wear finger/ring oximeter (eg O2Ring) DavidEsp 7 1,387 04-09-2023, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ferrus
Information Oximeter (eg O2Ring) - Fix Time Error - So Simple! DavidEsp 0 781 04-01-2023, 05:57 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.