Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping
SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping
Hello ladies and gentlemen.

I'm new to therapy and am looking to start using OSCAR software with my Airsense 10.  My machine has a SD slot, but did not include the card. I've read that SDHC and SDXC cards will not work.  I've found regular SD cards online.  Does anyone have a recommendation on which card to buy?  Will any brand be okay?  The 1 and 2 GB cards tend to cost more than higher capacity cards due to limited availability. Has anyone used larger capacity cards like 4GB or 8GB with this machine? These sizes tend to be more readily available.

I'm using a Resmed Airsense 10 machine with a Resmed F30i (hybrid full face) mask.  My leak issue occurs when I lay on my side as I am primarily a side sleeper.  My pillow tends to push my mask slightly to the side causing air leaks. The only way I can remedy this is to tighten the mask to the point of it being uncomfortable.  I have also tried a Phillips DreamWish (nasal) mask with a chinstrap. The nasal mask doesn't leak when side sleeping, but I do snore when using the nasal mask. Is this typical?  I do find the hybrid mask more comfortable. Any suggestions on how to prevent hybrid mask leaks when side sleeping?  Are CPAP pillows (not nasal pillows) the answer to this problem?

I am grateful that as a new CPAP user, I haven't had issues falling asleep and I seem to be tolerating therapy well.

Thanks in advance for your insight.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping
Hi KingsIndian!  -  Welcome

Any SD card up to 32GB in size will work.  Pick one that you feel is a fair price.  While it will work, it doesn't need to be the fast photo models.  This because you are not writing mega data, like a photo, in a second.  

In case you need it, here is the OSCAR Installation Wiki: https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...stallation

I almost forgot, the card has to be in the CPAP while you are using it to record the detailed sleep data. Otherwise, it will only display summary data.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 20 764 Yesterday, 02:53 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Equipment] Mask recommendation for a sensitive side-sleeper who might have an unusual face shape PersonInNY 6 221 04-24-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: PersonInNY
  Lots of Large Leak Lately LazerStallion 0 72 04-24-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
  Anyone else have trouble breathing through their nose when sleeping? POOKISTAN 7 242 04-23-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 9 1,581 04-23-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 20 668 04-22-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Tools for "forced" side sleeping (noodles), do they work Fox66 2 113 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Fox66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.