Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full
RE: Fisher and Paykel Evora Full
Did you try a different size mask?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was fitted with the large but it also came with a medium and small cushion.

I did open the medium one a few weeks ago just out of interest, but it certainly was a little bit too small. I'm confident that the large one is the correct size, its just getting and maintaining the seal. Last night I was so confident that it would work but the results just sucked Sad

It just annoys me to pay $180 AUD to get something that doesnt work. There are far better things I could have used the money for. Anyway.....enough complaining I will just have to use the old mask. Hopefully everyone else finds it suits them perfectly and I will monitor the thread.

Good luck guys Smile
I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey guys ,

New on the board !
Quick review about the mask ;
Coming from Airfit/Airtouch F20 for a while , had fairly good sleeps and good numbers but had the notorious nose bridge irritation (Even with the air touch, but less aggressive). I had the F30 but didn’t had success with it ( No large cushion).

Bought the Evora ffm , it was a long week of testing different cushions / fitting / large leak. (I’m falling between medium and large for the cushion ) Took a time to get used and find a good adjustment . I find that the lower straps need to be on the tighter sides so it prevent the mask from shifting , but it’s still very comfortable since the top straps can be really loose .

It was worth it fiddling , i settled on the medium cushion with almost zero leak rate , even with a thick beard / stache 

I don’t mind that there is no elbow/ swivel, It didn’t impact anything on my quality of sleep.

The only thing that is a little minus is getting used to the diffuser, it is my first mask shooting the air straight . Not a big deal but it was a new thing for me , it will be noisier if air hits pillow/sheets. Not a big problem with my wife too since I’m a side sleeper and I sleep opposed from her .

Oh and one final thing, I have basically no strap / mask marks , it is a nice bonus .

Overall 8/10 . My new goto mask
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry to hear the Evora FFM isn't working for you Snooks. I think CPAP masks are like pillows, what's good for me isn't necessarily going to work for you. Too many different sizes and shape faces/heads. Ive been there trying several masks over the past few years spending a significant amount of money only to have a tote full of masks I don't use. After two great nights with the Evora FFM, I had several leaks last night that woke me up. The only thing different is I didn't have my bite guard in last night as I forgot to put it in prior to masking up.
Post Reply Post Reply
With a bit of fine tuning i'm sure you will turn it around Thumbs-up-2
Post Reply Post Reply
This thread has made me so determined to get this damn thing to work.

I tried again last night despite my intentions of never trying it again, only this time, after reading all the reviews and comments again, I made sure that I had the bottom straps a fair bit tighter than I normally would and that appeared to make sure that the mask did not get misplaced if I moved in my sleep. In addition I made sure that the top straps were as loose as possible and just tightened them ever so gently and stopped when I had a good seal. This meant absolutely no discomfort in the nostrils at all.

The end result was a very good sleep. Now I just need to extend the sleeping time for another hour or two longer and that would be great. I will also invoke the EPR function to combat flow limitations once I am confident I can repeatedly use the mask and get the results that I need.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks great!
Post Reply Post Reply
Got my Evora FFM a couple of weeks ago but was traveling so I'm just trying it now. I'm coming from an Airfit F20 and had previously tried ALL of the under the nose FFMs unsuccessfully. So far, the Evora FFM is the best of the bunch. I'm using the medium cushion with little to no leaks and it stays in place pretty well as I turn over while sleeping.

The things I don't like are 1) no swivel at the nose 2) hooks instead of magnets and 3) how hard it is to disconnect the swivel from the end of the small tube. Also, I am developing an itchy nose at night under where the mask sits. Driving me crazy! Other than that, I like the design and it seems very well thought out and made. The headgear is very comfortable to me and the velcro seems way better that the junk the Resmed uses. I also like how you can disassemble it to clean without changing your settings with the straps. 

I do find that I need to pull the bottom straps tighter and leave the nasal straps looser to allow the silicone to puff up to give me a good seal under my nose. My AHI is looking better and my O2 is also looking much better. Still, I need to dial it in more and maybe make some adjustments to my machine.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it and hopeful that it will become my new goto mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just received one today
I'm really impressed with how well it's made.
I've adjusted it and will try it with a nap today....

DaveL
Toronto

Many N20's ResMed nasal mask
too many chinstraps
too many cpap caps

Hope it works. (bought it; it's not a trial mask.  Cost is $179 CDN plus Ontario sales tax. 13%
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I have worn a new F&P Evora Full (full face mask) for about 4 days.

I bought it; no returns.

I had trouble finding leaks until I did this:

* adjusted the mask as best I could.
* put it on (not attached to the cpap machine)
* took the 1 foot F&P hose and blew into it
* leaked along the top edge
* I let the two top straps out until the leak stopped. The cushion inflated and sealed
* did the same with the bottom two straps until the leak stopped
* went back to the two top straps--didn't need to adjust them further.

I've used the mask for two nights after doing this....

Did it work? Sometimes. But when it didn't it was terrible.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused and frustrated - question about F&P Evora NewlyDiagnosed 12 354 04-20-2024, 10:24 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 31 4,858 04-20-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  Giving up Evora, need suggestions PaulaO2 12 328 04-20-2024, 02:13 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 10 1,885 04-16-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 477 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 376 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 707 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.