Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noise level of Respironics Dreamstation vs Resmed Airsense 10
RE: Noise level of Respironics Dreamstation vs Resmed Airsense 10
Hi all, new to this site and new to cpap, 6 nights ago. I worried about my Dreamstation making a revving sound on inhale, and could not duplicate it in the tech/therapist's office. Isn't that always the way? Took it back home and it did it again right away. I played him a recording of it and he ordered me a replacement machine. It's definitely a motor-type noise, like it's the machine that is starved for air. Remember the opening scene of the first episode of Lost, with the jet engine?

I am also having issues with sinus headache, the sleep doctor and tech/therapist all insist it is a co-incidence so I made an appointment with my pcp to be checked for infection tomorrow. But after reading these forums I can see I am not the only one, like they say I am. I have a selection of masks for my trial period, so will switch to the pillows tonight and see if that helps my headache.

Even with the pain, I feel better and more energetic than I have in years, and I am not afraid to go to sleep anymore.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 17 1,888 2 hours ago
Last Post: clan
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 473 6 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 377 Yesterday, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 34 Yesterday, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,930 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 550 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 181 28,814 03-10-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.