Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Plmnb's Never Ending OSA Journey (Data)
RE: Plmnb's Never Ending OSA Journey (Data)
Both of those articles are very informative. Thank you for posting them plmnb, I enjoyed reading them
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Plmnb
Don't know if this could help?
1- Mouse anywhere in event box.
2- Click upper arrow while looking at time on top of flow rate box - it says duration-- bring down to close 2 min.
3- Point the mouse on the event you want to analyse in the event box (oa-hyp-rera.....) little red box should show on the event.
4- Hold left or right arrow - The 2min. span(event box) will move toward the event you choose  (time should not change)
5- Scroll till you see your analyse event in the middle of the flow rate box 

sb.
Post Reply Post Reply
Plmnb after you get the 2 minute window look up at the Event chart. Notice it’s all greyed out except for a thin light bar? That light vertical bar is the 2 minute window you see on screen. Now every time you push the left or right button it moves about 15 seconds backwards (left arrow) or forwards (right arrow) in time. 

Try it, look at the light vertical bar and hit either the left or right arrow key in quick succession. Notice the light bar move? Now you want to put that bar on the spot your interested in. 

Remember the small time frame that that light vertical bar covers is what you see in the rest of the charts.

If you want to move quickly left and right it’s a lot easier and faster to use the trackpad on your laptop. Just use the tips of your index and middle fingers and swipe them left and right on the pad to quickly move to a specific time frame. Now use the arrows keys to get it in the exact spot you need.

I think you may be doubting yourself when you go to do it. Just do and look for EXACTLY what I said above and you’ll be good to go.

Don’t worry about taking so long to get it down. When you’re used to using phones and tablets sometimes it takes a while to get used to desktop/laptop software and how to navigate and do things on them. You’ll be able to get to any place in time in your session in seconds once you get it down.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Snorybob (Nice to meet you), Osiris357, and ApneaQuestions.

I may not have been quite clear about the issue with the zoom that I have been having.

I needed to show ONLY 3:15(Minutes) to 3:17(Minutes) for one image and only 5:30(Minutes) to 5:32(Minutes) for a another image.  Getting the images to show these EXACT time frames was very time consuming, even with following practically all your advice.  I had noticed, on my own actually, that a box did appear in the event box that could be moved and in turn change the times in the Flow Rate box.  I even noticed that if I put my cursor on the very, very to of the box I could move the entire box without changing the width of the box.  But that still didn't help me get those times and only those times to be set.  I also noticed that if I use my cursor on either side of that box up top in the event chart, it would change the times.  But often, even if it changed the times closer to what I needed, the zoom level would be so big that the chart I was trying to get the times for would practically show no lines of any kind.  

There were a ton of times I would finally get either the start or end time to be in the correct position but as soon as I would try to get the other time, the dang time I had already gotten, would move and I had to start all over. Oh-jeez

I'm sure I missed something, and I don't want to waste ya'lls time with this now.  Perhaps we can revisit this another time when i don't feel so overwhelmed.

As always, I am EXTREMELY appreciative of the input and guidance.

Just a few more hours and your poster child for "worst flow limitations"  will be headed to the sleep lab yet again.

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find the easiest way to narrow the view is to go to daily/events & move the slider at bottom left to 2 minutes. to avoid having to scroll long distances at 2 minutes, click on an event listing close to the time you want to focus on. beware that the arrow keys may change the scale, depending on where the cursor is. you should be okay as long as cursor is on a graph.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m not sure what you’re doing wrong. It should take 10secs to drag that 2 min window to the correct time and use the arrows to get it exact
Post Reply Post Reply
BIPAP TITRATION NIGHT NOTES

1. Upon arrival had very lovely, approximately 1/2 hour chat with sleep tech. (Her eyes literally
bugged out upon viewing zoom of the two minutes of flow issues). The first thing she asked about
when I arrived was the cervical collar. The notes in my chart included the request for 1/2 the study
to be done wearing of the cervical collar. She was under the impression that I had the cervical
collar because of an accident...spent time informing her of the reason for the cervical collar. She
never heard the term "chin tucking", I will write about this further on. Basically, we discussed
everything we have all talked about, especially the keen eyes needed on the RERA, RDI, Flow, and such.

2. I brought with me both masks. The first one I had been given and stopped using about a
week(?) or so after I started with it, the Phillips Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask, and the one
I have been wearing most recently and have been posting charts with, the ResMed AirFit F20. I told
her my humidifier setting is 8 on my CPAP. She told me the sleep center unit we would be using
does not go up that high. I believe she said it only goes to 4 and I may get dry mouth during the
night. (The unit is a special study unit that is a combination of the various types of units). The
study briefly begins with CPAP until she gets into the lab recording area and then switches me to
BIPAP.

3. I started the night with my ResMed AirFit and no cervical collar. During the night the tech came
in and said I was having an awful time on BIPAP withe the ResMed AirFit. She said my leaks were
out of control. She switched me to the Phillips Respironics DreamWear mask, still no cervical collar.
During this portion of the test I don't recall having any discomfort with the DreamWear until about
4:40AM. Around this time I started having some leak/fart sounds that were very annoying. I can't
recall the series of events between 4:40AM and 5:00 ish, but I know I asked if the test could be
over and she said "soon". Around 5:00 ish I couldn't stand the DreamWear mask anymore and took
it off. I was over trying to mess with the straps and repositioning the darn thing. Note: We did
not use the cervical collar at all.  Also, my mouth became quite dry at some point during the
night, not sure which mask, this was most likely due to the humidifier only being able to be set at 4,

4.  Upon completion of the study, I was informed that I did VERY well with the BIPAP!  According to the tech 
she saw no evidence of events.  She did say we would have to wait until all the reviews of the study 
data were complete, which would include AHI totals. She did mention that, now get this, lol, I slept better on my 
side the very little time that I spent on my side, as compared to on my back.  Which we both couldn’t
reconcile with my prior results.  She talked about my mouth opening and dropping down a bit, which 
we discussed as perhaps the “chin tucking” situation.  She said my jaw did not pull back though which 
was a good thing.  She told me that my BIPAP pressures started out at 8 & 4.  I ended the night at 14 & 18.  
She told me that the doctor would determine if this was acceptable, if not, something else might need
to be done, a different type machine, not sure about these comments.

I was asked if I felt better than normal, I told her about the same…I was pretty groggy and filling out
the post study questionnaire I wasn’t sure how I felt yet.  I got home about 5:30AM.  Slept for about 
an hour or so without the CPAP.  At the moment it is 1:23PM and I feel fine, but it isn’t normally till later 
in the day when I feel exhausted, so we shall see.  In the meantime, until I get my BIPAP machine, I guess 
I will switch back to the original mask and stay at the levels I now have, even though I feel terrible 
during the night and morning.  I don’t think I left anything important out, but rest assured, If I remember 
something that might be important, I will let you know.

PS. Still have appointment with ENT on 1-2-20.  

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2019, 01:34 PM)Plmnb Wrote: ...Her eyes literally bugged out upon viewing zoom of the two minutes of flow issues...

That's what we were hoping for.  Your zooming struggles paid off in the end.   :-)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the report. Sounds like you will be dispensed bilevel at 18/14 soon. Try to get the Resmed Vauto. It will be interesting to see the report and whether they tried higher pressure support.

Sorry you had such difficulty with the charts. When I ask for the charts to include those two times, it did not need to be precise. Anytime around those events would have shown the same and certainly it's okay if the charts are 2-minute plus or minus 30 seconds or so. I'll try to be clear next time that we want to see "around 02:00 to about 02:02"
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lolabove  NOW you tell me???   Dielaughing

Oy vey.  

Good to know  Grin

Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inspire Implant : My Journey Malloc 43 15,548 6 hours ago
Last Post: mmorel536
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 2 181 04-21-2024, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Abrecaminos
  Never ending tiredness Marcus007 3 166 04-21-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Marcus007
  [Pressure] TiredButNotCranky's CPAP journey TiredButNotCranky 6 206 04-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,709 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 1,026 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 9,218 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.