Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10, incorrect results
Question 
ResMed AirSense 10, incorrect results
For some reason my cpap machine doesn't show correct results, normally i sleep 5-8 hours a day... sometimes more. But the machine only says i ts only been running 20 minutes, 1 minute, 3 hours, 2 hours, 2 hours 14 minutes and so on...... its annoying. heck yesterday it said i slept 3 hours and 15 minutes....... 2 hours later it settled in at 3 hours and 20 minutes.... WTF???
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10, incorrect results
Which ResMed machine do you have, AirSense 10 Elite, AirSense 10 AutoSet or the AirSense 10 Cpap?

Also, where are you getting this information from?  I suspect you are only seeing the latest session and not the entire night.

Download the OSCAR software (be sure there is a SD card in your machine) and post results here.  This software will give you accurate times and data according to what your machine writes to the SD card.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Two things to look at. 1. What is the time/date set to? 2. Are you using "Smart Start"? If so, try turning it off and see if that corrects your problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Im using the AirSense 10 AutoSet. And i don't have an SD card reader, sorry to disappoint. Also cannot adjust settings much beyond a few minor adjustments.
Lastly, had to get cpap machine replaced around a week ago, this is a new one.
Post Reply Post Reply
SD card readers are fairly cheap, as low as the cost of a hamburger. I assume you have either a desk or laptop computer on which to run OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
SD card readers are fairly inexpensive. Check on Amazon.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2020, 06:47 PM)OpalRose Wrote: SD card readers are fairly inexpensive.  Check on Amazon.

Thank you for the tip, i just ordered one..... but it will be a few days before it ships.

I guess i have a question.

Does it matter if i sleep during the day or night?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2020, 07:48 PM)andyonix Wrote: I guess i have a question.

Does it matter if i sleep during the day or night?

Yes, it matters to ResMed CPAP machines.  According to ResMed, a day starts at noon and ends at noon the next day (per the clock in their machine).  If you sleep from 6 am to 12:15 pm, the machine will have started a new day at noon and report only 15 minutes of sleep when you look at the front panel of the machine after getting up.  Data for 6 am to noon is on the SD card and held in summary form internally (and reported to MyAir) so the data exists.  It just may be shown as a different day than you expect.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I work night shifts, and yes, i go to sleep around 6am-8am and wake up around 3pm-4pm. I dont see why that would be an issue, my Doctor never said it would be. I am the kind of person im full of energy my first 5-7 hours after i wake up, but detrimentally tired after that.... to the point im in a ton of pain.

So i cannot go to bed at 10pm, wake up around 6am and than go to work 5pm-6pm... that is straight up impossible....i have tried... migraines, nausea, passing out at work, excruciating pain... literally crying at work im in so much pain.

I cannot tell you how many times people have had to pick me up like a child and princess carry me into a vehicle, drive me home, carried me into my apartment, and put me into bed....... That may sound funny.... but its not funny, it hurts, its painful, and i couldn't afford to go to the hospital... yes it is slightly humiliating, but i can live with that.

Now that i have that out of the way, i literally have to wake up within an hour of starting work, in order to make it through my work shift.

but your telling me..... wtf..... im sorry i cannot abide by what it wants... i refuse.
Post Reply Post Reply
Andy, an easy way to fix this problem is to change the Resmed clock by 12 hours. Midnight becomes the new noon, and your sleep will all occur in the same session. Forward or back does not matter, just change the clock not the date. Moving the time forward is easier than backwards. Settings are accessed by pushing the control knob and home button at the same time. Here is a quick tutorial https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info You can also explain your shift times to the supplier or doctor, and they can help you to normalize the session times with a time-change.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 466 1 hour ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,916 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 155 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,319 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 180 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,010 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 115 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.