Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue
AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue
I have an Air Sense 10 with heated tube and nose pillows. When I first got it about 3 yrs ago, it would use nearly 1 tank of water a night and the tank would be warm. Now it doesn't use any water and the tank doesn't heat. You can make the tank heat if you put it in warm up mode, but that is the only time it heats now.  I can turn tube temp to 27 degrees and humidity to 8 and still doesn't use any water. If climate control is full auto, same thing. Before if I turned it up that high my hose would be full of water in no time.  I took it to the local dealer a year ago and they sent it away for 6 weeks and supposedly was fixed, but same thing.  Is there something in the parameters that needs to clicked or is the machine need some repair? Any ideas would be helpful. Also on the screen the humidifier shows the happy face and when the dealer logs onto my machine, it is showing no faults.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue
So, when you run warmup and at the 20 minutes in or so, pull the tank and see if it is hot on the bottom.

There is a thermal fuse on the bottom of the heating plate that will just kill power to the plate itself. The plate heating element can also just go bad, but you would never get heat verse only when running preheat.

There is a sensor in the mask end of the hose that detects temp and humidity that can go bad, test by swapping to a new/known good hose. This may show as when you plug the hose in it never flashes the message about the heated hose and the option to set hose temp not show up, but not always. And of corse the heating element can go out.

The hose connection ring tha spins can break the wires if spun a bunch or forced past its limits/stops.

You can find new hose connect rings and heating plate and fix ityourself once you id the problem.

I don't know if the machine has a temp/humidity sensor in the hose connection itself but it is possible.

There are a couple of vendors that provide repair service for a reasonable cost as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue
Plate heats up right away in warm up mode. I've put new hoses on and it makes no difference. The hose heats up. It is almost like there is something in the parameters or the programming, but I've had no luck with the local dealer (who the machines warranty is with) and the repair depot they send it to. They say all is good.  When I show them to plate doesn't warm up during normal use, they says it is because the bedroom is too cool or humidity too high in room. So why doesn't it work when it sits right in front of them in the office? I'm getting quite frustrated, to the point of give me a new machine on warranty, but I know their reply will be there is  nothing wrong with your machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 9 1,610 04-23-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 20 692 04-22-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: cps22
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 231 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 3 183 04-20-2024, 02:07 AM
Last Post: melbell
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 6 368 04-18-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: pamm777
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 447 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 195 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.