Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sores and Burning Lips
Question 
Sores and Burning Lips
Ever since I started my APAP therapy, my lips have been on fire.  I have developed sores in the corners of my mouth.  Because I am having trouble breathing through my nose my mouth gets extremely dry.  My mask is not touching anywhere near my lips.  I’ve been on therapy years ago and didn’t have this issue just the usual dry mouth.  I have my humidity set to highest and temp around 78 degrees.  Has anyone had this issue and what did they do?  I’m new so I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I am using Airsense 10. I also have another airsense 10 but it is a Bipap and the current is APAP.  I don’t know if it makes much difference but my apnea is centralized and not obstructive but that is the only rare thing about me versus the majority.  Oh how I wish I could use a nose mask…if only.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sores and Burning Lips
Is the bipap a Resmed Aircurve 10 (there is no bipap that is an airsense)? If so it could be better for centrals with a change of setting in the trigger (a setting that the airsense does not have).  Either way it would be a good idea to download OSCAR a tottaly free computer program that is downloaded at the top of the site.  You do need an SD card in it while you sleep and then download the nights sleep to OSCAR and we can use that data to help you.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Lots of us have used Lanisoh, a pure lanolin product, sold in the baby department of many stores.  It's made for nursing mums but works great for keeping lips comfortable while sleeping with a pap machine.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I use any basic lip balm (carmex, chapstick, etc.).  Lips can become dry using I full face mask I have found.  Apply the lip balm every day after waking up (and muliple times if necessary).
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Y no photos of mask-caused "sores" on the www? nelsonka 1 412 12-15-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Burning Smell? BC3B 33 19,940 10-25-2023, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Teddyg
  Burning irritation from head gear Xltrod 0 501 10-13-2022, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Xltrod
  Resmed Airsense 11 very warm to touch with burning smell Sweet72947 0 1,567 08-21-2022, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Sweet72947
  [Equipment] Climate Line Hose: Burning Smell? BuckarooBanzai 2 839 05-11-2022, 09:05 AM
Last Post: BuckarooBanzai
  Nose Dryness Burning? tierdal 3 1,086 12-18-2021, 12:48 PM
Last Post: tierdal
  Chapped lips more then usual Teddysjam 0 588 11-27-2021, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Teddysjam

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.