Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Time and Date Wrong on Airsense 10 Autoset
Time and Date Wrong on Airsense 10 Autoset
I have a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset machine and due to my traveling the time and date are wrong.  

I get a message that I can't set a time or date in the past when I try to correct it. I tried setting the date ahead thinking that I could the  reset the time back because the machine would recognize that the date was in the future, but that doesn't work either.

Some parts of the manual claim that if you erase all data you can the set the correct local time and date, but other parts of the manual claim that if you erase all the date it does not affect the time and date.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Time and Date Wrong on Airsense 10 Autoset
Why do people change the time on a machine for travel? I just got back from a week-long trip over 2 time zones and never even considered changing it. If you travel over the international date line, you will really mess up the machine because the clock is there to record compliance, not for you to use as an alarm clock...stop it! Choose a home time zone and leave it alone.

To get the time back, try changing 1-hour at a time. Moving time back may be easier than forward. I believe several have found resetting the data can allow a large time-change.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed machine's consider a CPAP day to begin and end when the internal clock hits noon (12:00).
If you're off by hours, wait until the local internal clock is well past noon and then change time.

It's when moving the internal clock backward that an issue can occur. The problem occurs when backing up the clock to a time and/or date where data has already been recorded by the machine.

It gets tricky when you try to back up the date.

I change my internal clock for DST and back every year. I always make the time change in the afternoon.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you have to first set the time ahead by however many hours you need, then set the date back one day if needed in AM or PM to get to the final date/time you need.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi biyahero,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2017, 08:30 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Why do people change the time on a machine for travel?  I just got back from a week-long trip over 2 time zones and never even considered changing it.  If you travel over the international date line, you will really mess up the machine because the clock is there to record compliance, not for you to use as an alarm clock...stop it!  Choose a home time zone and leave it alone.

To get the time back, try changing 1-hour at a time.  Moving time back may be easier than forward. I believe several have found resetting the data can allow a large time-change.

Well I guess I was wrong to do it, and won't do it again. 

My reason for doing it was that I am on a one month trip to Asia and the time was set to Honolulu.  The result of that was that the Sleep Report each morning claimed that I had only used the machine about 5:30 when in reality I had used it 8:00 or 9:00 hours.  I think that this was caused by the fact that whenever the machine considers that a new day has started it is in the middle of my sleep period.  In the expanded data visible when the Essentials is set to Plus it does show the the used about right. So I think that the expanded sleep report is consolidating the data from part of two different sleep periods rather than one "night".

So my (probably very wrong I see now) idea was to set the clock to the real time and date where I am and will be for the next month on the theory that it would make my Sleep Reports more accurate by corresponding to my real individual night's sleep and not a composite of two partial nights.

Bottom Line:  I won't do it anymore.

Now the issue is how to get it back to the correct date and time where the machine was set up and to where I will return after a couple of weeks more.

When I originally tried to set the clock back (the simplest way to think of the time at my present location is that it is 6 hours behind and one day ahead of Honolulu time), I tried to set the clock back 6 hours and got an error message that you can't set the time in the past.  So then I tried first setting the day ahead one day, which worked. I though the the machine would recognize that the day was in the future and let me set the time.  Wrong.

So now the date is one day ahead and the time is ahead of the actual time on that date anywhere.

As a further complication the machine cannot transmit my daily sleep studies to myAir since the US and Canadian Based Machines use CDMA while machines sold everywhere else in the world use GSM. 

My next mistake was to imagine that once I returned to Honolulu all my data from the past month would be transmitted at once, and maybe even the date would fix itself.  

However today I spoke with a "Faiz" at ResMed support and he claims that the machine only transmits the date for the previous night,  and when it can't do that, it gives up but their backup plan is that the machine has been saving the data all along to the SD Card.  That is fine except that when I got the machine there was no SD Card in it as there was supposed to be.  So according to Faiz all my data for the past month will be lost when I get back to Honolulu, and it 
will only transmit data from when I get there one day at a time.  So since I was not supplied with an SD Card I guess all I can do for the present is to write down the sleep report data from the screen of the device on a paper each morning which is better than nothing.

Do you agree that what Faiz said is true based on your experience?

What is still unclear even if that is correct, is that in the Essentials Plus Menu I can change the period from 1 day (where I have it now so I can write down the daily statistics) to 1 week or one month etc. So this leads m to believe that even if the machine won't (Faiz says) transmit data older than one day, the data from previous days is there in the machine and if I get an SD Card maybe it would be copied to the card and not lost?

Then as far as correcting the date back to the real date in Honolulu, it appears that the only way to do that is to erase all data from the Configuration Menu and then maybe it can be set to to the correct local date and time.  Do you agree that this is the only way to correct the date?

Thanks for any advice and help you would be willing to provide.
Post Reply Post Reply
Get an SD card and insert it in the machine. The compliance data for the past year will be stored when you run the machine with the card. You may not have detailed data, but it sounds like you are mainly concerned with compliance. You can confirm the data from the card by downloading either #Sleepyhead or ResScan (see forum software forum) from Apneaboard. Once the data is secure, you will probably reset the machine data and set the time.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2017, 10:04 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Get an SD card and insert it in the machine.  The compliance data for the past year will be stored when you run the machine with the card.  You may not have detailed data, but it sounds like you are mainly concerned with compliance. You can confirm the data from the card by downloading either [url=http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url] or ResScan (see forum software forum) from Apneaboard.  Once the data is secure, you will probably reset the machine data and set the time.

I   did the same thing as the OP. I posted about this issue several months ago. In my case, the date is one day ahead but I managed to change the clock to the current time. 

One cannot go back, not even with a new SD card. You cannot reset your CPAP where the date and time is also reset. I tried and failed. You have to take your CPAP to your DME and the DME will connect the CPAP via null modem cable to a PC or laptop and change the date and time through the Resmed software.
Post Reply Post Reply
in a couple of weeks you can buy the new Resmed AirMini, the world's smallest CPAP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OGdna7h6j0

AirMini will be available to U.S. CPAP users through their home medical equipment (HME) providers. ResMed will take preorders from HMEs beginning on May 3, 2017, and AirMini will begin shipping by May 31. It will also be available at initial launch in Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Germany, New Zealand, Spain and the United Kingdom, with other countries to follow.

AirMini packs ResMed's clinically proven CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) technology along with its comfort and ease-of-use features into a sleek, portable, pocket-sized device ideal for traveling. The AirMini is available with ResMed's proprietary AutoSet™ functionality as well as an innovative, built-in humidification system for patient comfort.

AirMini weighs a mere 0.66 pounds (300 grams) and measures just 5.4 x 3.3 x 2 in (13.6 x 8.4 x 5.2 cm).

It features
  • A phone app (iOS and Android) for patients to change comfort settings and track their own nightly usage data,
    Portable and convenient waterless humidification to maximize comfort, capturing a patient's exhaled heat and moisture with a HumidX™ humidifier in the mask tube and redelivering it to them

• Compatibility with ResMed's AirFit N20 nasal and F20 full face masks, as well as a special AirMini version of the AirFit P10 nasal pillows mask.
[Image: Male_with_iPhone_0005_lowres-1200x900.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a thread about setting machine time. Why post the Airmini here.
[Image: threadjacked.gif]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 472 5 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 0 92 03-13-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 548 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 227 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 0 93 03-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: jed3
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,015 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 144 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.