Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks
RE: Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks
Thank you for helping me understand the different kinds of ResMed 10's! I went ahead and bid on the AirSense 10 AutoSet and got it for $999 which is half the price of new, and its only got about 1000 hours on it! Now I need to order a mask this week, im going to get one from a local website even though its $280 for the ResMed frame, elbow, and nasal pillows (S and M) because they have a 30 day money back guarantee which will be good if the frame or pillows dont work for me. In future, ill get the frames and masks from Amazon, as even with postage they are cheaper than buying local again. Thank you again for sharing all your knowledge over the last week or so, im looking forward to carrying on this journey when my CPAP gets here in a week!
Post Reply Post Reply
You got the better machine. I don't know how that translates to USD, but it CPAP in NZ seems really expensive. The Autoset has the best auto CPAP algorithm available and full data. I had 24K hours on my Vauto before I got it exchanged, and I just sent it off for full refurbish with a new motor and hours reset. My wife has the Airsense 10 Autoset with 23K hours and should have it replaced later this year. They are long-lasting devices with the best therapy program you can find. Keep us posted.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
To be honest, EVERYTHING is just more expensive in NZ, we're literally a tiny island stuck to the bottom of the world, we just call it the "Kiwi Tax" (having to pay 2-10x more than what america pays for things).

Really looking forward to getting a CPAP back in my life, even though I only enjoyed the rental one for a week of actual sleep hah!
Post Reply Post Reply
Its me! Im back! With my own machine and a new mask! I kinda guessed at the settings for last night, but I dont think I got it right as it kinda felt like it was pushing air into my stomach? I started on 3 for the breathe out setting but changed it to 2 as I like to feel a little resistance on breathe out, but 2 felt much like 3, perhaps I should change that to 1? Also, where are my 10 hypopneas and 4 apneas I was recording every night with the Dreamstation? It cant have changed that much in a week? I must have my settings wrong so they arnt being picked up. Machine: ResMed 10 autoset, mask ResMed P30i small frame/small pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your ResMed is reporting correctly.  It's just a way better machine.  Smile  I'm sure Sleeprider will show up to give you good setting advice. Listen to him.  He knows more than everyone else.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow! What a difference. You're making up for lost time with over 12 hours of continuous therapy. There are a couple of pressure peaks, but those are driven by flow limits and no events at the peak. If you're comfortable, so am I. Pressure 6-8 with EPR 2 is low pressure, and I don't see anything that needs to be done if this continues. Did the Resmed come from a New Zealand supplier?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dont be too impressed, I sleep 12 hours every single night for like the last 10 years since I got more and more unwell lol, its the minimum I need to be able to function the next day!

What should I do about the fact that it felt like it was pushing air into my stomach? Is that due to the pressure or the mask shape or some other setting I dont know about?

I actually bought it second hand from Trademe (its like New Zealands Ebay), its only got 1096 hours on it and it was only $1000 instead of $1970 for a brand new one (which I couldn't afford any way), so I thought it worth the risk. The seller is contacting MyAir about how we can move the registration for the app from them to me, hopefully this can be done as I would really like to be able to use the app for a quick check in the morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have a really low pressure threshold for aerophagia. You can try minimum pressure 6.0, maximum pressure 6.0 and EPR 2 and see if that remains effective and avoids pushing air into your stomach. That is about as low as it goes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
When I tried 6 on the Dreamstation for 2 nights, I didnt feel any air being pushed into my stomach, but last night with the ResMed at 6, it was really uncomfortable, it also.. forced? air? up my nose? and not just letting me take it in when I breathe, like the Dreamstation did, it was annoying and uncomfortable.

EDIT: oh i forgot!! Most of the night my mouth kept opening, like the air was too much pressure and was forcing it open (with a tiny 'pop' sound), didnt have that at all with the Dreamstation on 4/5/6. It was all round very uncomfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
So last night was terrible lol. I turned it down to 5, and that felt MUCH better, 5 on the ResMed felt like 6 on the Dreamstation. That bit was good, but I had so much trouble with the nose pillows staying in place, I wasnt awake enough to get up and swap the Small pillows out for the Medium ive got to see if that helped, but I will try that tonight. In the early hours I ripped the mask off and threw it at my bedside table, I was extremely over it. Ill try the Medium pillows tonight and see if that help, and then gradually bump up to 5.5 and see if I can handle that. Again, Im really really surprised that OSCAR data dosnt show the same 10 hypopneas and 4 apneas I was seeing every night with the Dreamstation, does that mean the Dreamstation was.. making things up?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 610 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Rising AHI the last couple of weeks Brimstone 7 273 04-12-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Brimstone
Question In the past 2-3 weeks, my AHI during afternoon nap rose to 20-40 tmrlhk 5 201 04-01-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 259 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Undiagnosed but trialing a CPAP SleepyBee10 1 178 03-12-2024, 09:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 833 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 364 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.