Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ye (very ) olde hoary AHI question
Ye (very ) olde hoary AHI question
Looking at Sleepy head I see adding OAI+HI+CAI gives AHI. HI is Hyopnoea, so which is apnea, the CAI or OAI?

Second, clicking on daily shows a big blinking 0.0! then smiley face.  Don't see it in the Beginners Guide or I skipped over it, so why smiley?

Third, looking at the graphs, notice that pressure bottoms out at 6 which is the machine prescription min (12 is max).  Does lowering to 4 make things better or not (4.0 is ramp starting pressure?)

I would be glad to send the whole file if anyone wanted to look at it.  Cavet: I have been fiddling with masks and various clinician settings to find something that drops AHI below the 14 level, so results will yo-yo.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ye (very ) olde hoary AHI question
Post your charts if you would like us to help you tweak in your numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='CPAPreturnee' pid='205785' dateline='1495057446']
Looking at Sleepy head I see adding OAI+HI+CAI gives AHI. HI is Hyopnoea, so which is apnea, the CAI or OAI?
Both are apnea. CAI are the Clear Airway apneas; and OAI are the Obstructive Apneas.

Second, clicking on daily shows a big blinking 0.0! then smiley face.  Don't see it in the Beginners Guide or I skipped over it, so why smiley?
Coders like to have fun?

Third, looking at the graphs, notice that pressure bottoms out at 6 which is the machine prescription min (12 is max).  Does lowering to 4 make things better or not (4.0 is ramp starting pressure?)
Don't start at 4. Most people feel starved for air at 4. Plus, Respironics machines are less aggressive to raise pressure -- they need to be closer to therapeutic pressure for the user.

I would be glad to send the whole file if anyone wanted to look at it.  Cavet: I have been fiddling with masks and various clinician settings to find something that drops AHI below the 14 level, so results will yo-yo.
Better if you download Sleephead and post the graphs. You will get more people to respond; which, in general, leads to better advice.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2017, 04:44 PM)CPAPreturnee Wrote: Looking at Sleepy head I see adding OAI+HI+CAI gives AHI. HI is Hyopnoea, so which is apnea, the CAI or OAI?

As bonjour said, please post your Sleepyhead data.  I would not advise fiddling with the settings unless you know what you are doing.  You can very easily make your AHI numbers much worse.

Please check out the how to "organize your Sleepyhead data" in your Sleepyhead charts below in my signature.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks eveyone. I will post in next day or so most recent statistics using Bonjour guide.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2017, 04:44 PM)CPAPreturnee Wrote: Looking at Sleepy head I see adding OAI+HI+CAI gives AHI. HI is Hyopnoea, so which is apnea, the CAI or OAI?

both
obstructive apnea
central apnea

and hypopnea

i would worry more about how low the O2 went as anything over 10 seconds counts
just as much as an apnea for ten minutes
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2017, 09:27 PM)xxyzx Wrote: i would worry more about how low the O2 went as anything over 10 seconds counts

meaning - anything over 10 seconds is counted, but not all apneas make the same effect on O2.  A longer apnea makes more impact on O2, keeps lowering as time ticks away.

once you have a ten minute apnea, you won't have any others.  essentially, you will have been cured. Oh-jeez
QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2017, 09:16 AM)quiescence at last Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 09:27 PM)xxyzx Wrote: i would worry more about how low the O2 went as anything over 10 seconds counts

meaning - anything over 10 seconds is counted, but not all apneas make the same effect on O2.  A longer apnea makes more impact on O2, keeps lowering as time ticks away.

once you have a ten minute apnea, you won't have any others.  essentially, you will have been cured. Oh-jeez
QAL

and yet they have people who were underwater for hours and they revive them 
if the cold slowed down the body functions enough
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I followed Bonjours instruction up to the Imgur and then spent 1+ hour fussing  with it.  Imgur screens don't look or work like guide shows.  I did not signup as user as I don't need more spam clogging mailbox
 So here is the Imgur link to what I uploaded and hopefully you can see the small image.  Maybe simultaneously tapping ctrl and + key can enlarge image enough.

http://imgur.com/a/jxPI1

I will be happy to send screen shot (approx 162kB) and someone else can have fun uploading or analyze it.
Don't know why event flags are not shown anymore, and I didn't see flow limit chart anywhere unless now called something else now, so I just posted the AHI chart instead.
Thanks
I attached image here if this works, if not try the imgur link above.

[attachment=3478]
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAPreturnee ,
Look in the lower left of the Daily Screen. You seem to have all the Event Flags turned off.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,463 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.