Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1.5.0 New Search Functonality Causes UI Issues
1.5.0 New Search Functonality Causes UI Issues
First.... Love, Love, Love this functionality!

How to recreate the issue:

1) Open OSCAR 1.5.0 and go to DAILY tab.
2) Click on SEARCH tab.
3) Click "Help" box to open the search help section. 
4) Click on MATCH button
5) Select any item (I chose AHI)

It should be noted at this time, that each time you select an item with the help box open, the result window continues to shrink.  This does not happen if the help window is closed.

6) Put in search criteria (I used AHI > 1) and click START SEARCH
7) Your results should display, but you wont be able to see all results, scroll the window, or manually resize the window.
8) Restoring/Maximizing your window will cause the MATCH, CLEAR, and STAR button to float inside the help box and delete your search results.

This is in no way a huge issue, just close your help box before/after searching to restore your search contents.  Just wanted to let you know so you can change the sizing algorithms for the left panel during searches.

Thanks for an amazing piece of software!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1.5.0 New Search Functonality Causes UI Issues
I just tried your steps listed above on a Linux box and could not access any match parameter until I closed the Help window. What O/S are you experiencing this on?

-- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I manage to do it on Ubuntu 22.04.
But I'm blocked on step 6 : the windows is out of the screen on the bottom.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
My apologies all.. Forgot to give my setup...

Windows 10 64bit
1920x1080 Resolution
English Client v 1.5.0
Post Reply Post Reply
Check your screen scaling...  for some reason the install changed mine to 150%
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine doesn't seem to be a scaling issue.  I did check and it's still set at 100%.  My UI only goes awry when I use the search feature.

Was definitely worth a shot though!  Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I just tried this on a Windows 7 system without any problems. The attempt in my previous post was on a laptop that's resolution did not allow testing. I would try using a different graphics rendering engine in OSCAR to see if this could be the problem.

In case you don't know, holding the shift key while starting OSCAR will toggle the graphic display engine.

If you try this, please report back on its result.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2023, 08:50 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: In case you don't know, holding the shift key while starting OSCAR will toggle the graphic display engine.

Tried this with no change to outcome.  It's really not a huge issue as I can just close the help window and everything works fine.  Was just pointing it out in case there is a patch or a future release.

Appreciate everyone's input.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just loaded up Windows 10 and tried to reproduce your problem. Sadly, I could not reproduce your result. Mine just went along for the ride. Is your problem reproducible?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Well that's good news then!

However, I can reproduce on my computer without fail.  Looking at the issue a little closer, it seems anytime I even click on the help screen, the window grows outside the bounds of the screen even if the window is maximized.  Even if you make the window as small as possible and click on search, it resizes to outside the resolution.  When manually making the window smaller, it doesn't get back down to the size it started.  Very weird behavior.

If nobody else is experiencing this, I'll just chalk it up to some weird setting on my end.  With the help window closed, the problem doesn't even exist.  So I'll just reference it before/after searches.

Other issues that might be at work, I'm using a dual monitor with extended displays turned on.

Thank you for going through the trouble to reproduce the issue.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 271 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  scrolling issues in OSCAR 1.5.1 for macOS leonking 3 733 02-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,711 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
Information Lookee oximeter import/sync issues, wiki update suggestions Uphold9887 9 832 05-02-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Date Range Field - Usability issues TubularRush 0 462 04-30-2023, 07:52 AM
Last Post: TubularRush
  Philips replacement - SD card issues - REMStar Auto 60 series to Dream Station 1 JshMD 2 1,016 04-05-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Aces
  CMS50F Pulse Oximeter and Mac Catalina issues Bamf66 18 1,913 02-11-2023, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.