Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1.5.0 New Search Functonality Causes UI Issues
RE: 1.5.0 New Search Functonality Causes UI Issues
It seems where is a problem if you open the help of the search.
The sidebar disappear and there is no way to make the main window less height.
I've reproduced the problem with Ubuntu 22.04 with some of the sep of post #1 :
- open 1.5.0
- resize the window : ok
- Daily tab. on the left panel, go to search tab.
- on the search tab of the left panel, try to search AHI > 1 (with match button then start serach button) --> it's ok. You can resize the window
- At the top of the search tab of the left panel, push the help button
- the sidebar of the result disappear, there is no way to resize the height of the main widows (width is ok).
- you can not maximize the windows
- you go on the langage setting and choose a langage (the same or another)
- you can maximize the main widow & everything goes right after.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
To be clear, we at OSCAR take any unexpected behavior very seriously. But before we can do anything about it we MUST understand it, and the specific mechanism that is causing it. That is actually what resulted in the increased resolutions being supported in the first place

Sure we often have found it is a user setting, and that is ok. We found out what was causing the situation. Often a workaround is suggested, and a fix appears in a future release. So please keep working with Red, who is an OSCAR team member, on identifying the cause of this

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Untoutseul05, 
very similar results that I've seen.  A few minor differences, but the resizing of the window after the Search Help is selected seems to be the culprit.

Gideon,

Please accept my apology if I came off as anything but sincere.  I used to be in software architecture and design, so I know the challenges you face.  Unfortunately with the written word, it comes off as disingenuous at times and that was by no means what I was shooting for.

I'm honestly hoping it's a graphics setting or the like that's easily fixed.  I am not giving up on the team at all.  Just letting you know, at least from my prospective, that this issue is a very minor one as it can be avoided all together.

I'll definitely keep trying things people suggest in the hopes of squashing this bug.

Again, Red, Gideon, I'm sorry that my previous posts came off that way.

Happy consumer!

Post Reply Post Reply
You came across as nothing but sincere. I just wanted to ensure that you keep pushing to I'd the issue, nothing more.

Would you like to join our beta team. We are done with betas until the next release, but posting issues found is what that forum is about. PM either me or Jeff if you are interested.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gideon, sent you a PM.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 269 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  scrolling issues in OSCAR 1.5.1 for macOS leonking 3 732 02-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,706 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
Information Lookee oximeter import/sync issues, wiki update suggestions Uphold9887 9 825 05-02-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Date Range Field - Usability issues TubularRush 0 462 04-30-2023, 07:52 AM
Last Post: TubularRush
  Philips replacement - SD card issues - REMStar Auto 60 series to Dream Station 1 JshMD 2 1,014 04-05-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Aces
  CMS50F Pulse Oximeter and Mac Catalina issues Bamf66 18 1,909 02-11-2023, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.