Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Adam76 - CPAP Therapy Analysis
Adam76 - CPAP Therapy Analysis
I've been lurking on the forum since I started my CPAP therapy 1 month ago.  There's been more than a few lives transformed by the community and I hope I can get some help and insights as well.

I am a mount breather and use a ResMed full face max.  
For the most part I sleep all night.  I don't have any leaks that wake up myself or my wife.  By all accounts I should feel much better than I do. However I'm really tired when I wake up.  My sleep score on myAir is usually 100 or something close to it.  
The way I can explain it is, I feel like I'm somewhere between awake and asleep.  I don't think I'm getting restful sleep.  

I'm hoping that someone can look at my data from this screenshot and give me some thoughts or ideas on where to go from here.  

Kindest Regards,
-Adam

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I'm a month in and am asking for help with my OSCAR data
EPR is exhale pressure relief. Whatever it is set at that number is subtracted from the min for your exhal pressure. Your min is set to 4.

Now the problem is the ABSOLUTE lowest your machine can possibly go is 4. It is already at the lowest it can go so your RPR is not doing anything.

Get get the RPR to fully work your min no would need to be 7. Min 7 - EPR 3= 4.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2023, 08:38 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Get get the RPR to fully work your min no would need to be 7. Min 7 - EPR 3= 4.

I'm not sure what RPR is, but what I think you're saying is, set my minimum pressure from 4 to 7 so my EPR will be 4
Post Reply Post Reply
It would appear to be a typo. The correct acronym is, "EPR".

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I set my pressure range to 7-20. Up from 4-20.
I also changed my EPR level to 3. Up from 2 it was set on.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is my OSCAR screenshot from this past night after making the above changes.
My AHI is a bit higher, and all other graphs are about the same. 

What next?  Smile

-Adam

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Was your sleep any better or worse with the new settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2023, 09:15 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Was your sleep any better or worse with the new settings?

I've woken up better the last two mornings. However, I'm waking up earlier than I'd like.  The first morning was about 4:30 am.  I was unable to go back to sleep and finally got out of bed at 5:20.   The next morning I woke up at 5:30, but was able to go back to sleep until 6:20 am.

Both nights I was asleep by 10  pm.  I'm still really tired in the afternoons.    If I go to sleep any time after 11, I'm exhausted the next day.
I've also noticed my AHI is higher than it was. Last night was 7.1
Post Reply Post Reply
Your recent increase in pressure and EPR improved flow limitation from .09 to .03, and reduced changes in pressure quite a bit. The slight increase in AHI is mostly CA events and mostly in a cluster at 03:00. Those kinds of events are variable from night to night and I would not make a judgement based on one night. I think your minimum pressure could be increased a bit more, and you have a bit of positional obstruction that happens from time-to-time. Be careful of using tall or extra pillows that can cause the head and neck to be misaligned (chin-tucking).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's good to hear you're feeling a little bit more rested. Sleeprider has suggested raising your minimum a bit more. One of the nice things about your machine is that you can raise pressure in little increments of .2. So if you like, you can try a small increase for at least a few days and see how it feels to you. Then if it feels OK, you can go up a little bit more.

CAs can come in clusters, where it's taking you a bit of time to re-stabilize your breathing. And in general, CAs often come after brief arousals, when your deeper breathing is followed by a pause of 10 seconds or more. Often the body will make its own adjustments in time, reducing the number of CAs you're seeing. And of course, when you experience fewer arousals, you may also experience fewer CAs.

In addition to increasing your minimum a little more and using a low, firm pillow, you need to muster some patience. If you're like me, that's not easy. But you're only a month in, and your body may still be adjusting to the new experience. That's pretty common. As PAP becomes more familiar, you will probably be able to sleep longer and more deeply and soundly. This will help you feel more rested during the day.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 12 893 08-28-2024, 07:49 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  OSCAR Analysis Request harryd91 4 351 08-09-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: harryd91
  Where to find Indepth PAP therapy analysis? PappaJoe 14 686 08-07-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Amorsen84 Therapy Analysis - please help Amorsen84 10 515 08-04-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  After 1 year break trying to get CPAP therapy to work again nandrew 3 200 08-02-2024, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Surprised OSCAR Results Analysis 4thehalibit 6 300 07-26-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: 4thehalibit
Question JKan Therapy Analysis JKan 70 2,781 07-24-2024, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.