Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

After a long time I'm back. Had a night again with low 80% dip oxygen level
After a long time I'm back. Had a night again with low 80% dip oxygen level
51yo. 270lbs, 6' tall. I recently got my pulmonologist to do a VQ Scan and other pulmonary and cardiac tests. Because I've had DVT's and PE's before in my lungs. Also because when I travel on airplanes or go to higher altitudes from where I live, like to Sedona and Flagstaff Arizona, I was having major fatigue and low oxygen levels. Mid 80's, even during the day. It messed up my vacation to view some sites.

So my VQ Scan and other tests are normal. But my pulmonologist and other doc's have no explaination why my oxygen level dips so low onboard flights to the low to mid 80's. Even after years of testing they still dont know, unless it has to do with blood vessel changes due to my past blood clots. But everything is clear.

Anyway, last night, I woke up from some weird vivid dreams where I felt paralyzed and was seeing spiraling sparkling colors and such. Weird to explain. Half asleep, half awake I guess. My Samsung Galaxy watch recorded down to 80% last night. It corresponds to what is on my screenshot of what looks like shallow or no breathing for about 30 seconds. Does that sound right, that oxygen level should drop that low for just 30 seconds of non-breathing?

Doctors are dumbfounded, and says it is what it is, and just to keep using the BIPAP. I know I had major leaks last night, but this occurred before the leaks.

Also I must add, even with <1 AHI, I still feel tired during the day, and suffer from depression, anxiety, and panic disorder/attacks. My sleep doc says <1 AHI is perfect and he has no clue about my other symptoms and I have exhausted all doctors around me and resources about my other oxygen issues. If you ever go to Flagstaff, be careful, I had to immediately drive myself down to Sedona to feel better. But during the nights down there, I woke up with black eyes, even using my BIPAP. Due to low O2 at night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 31 1,078 Yesterday, 09:10 PM
Last Post: Montacute
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 9 349 04-25-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Inspiration and Expiration Time MrIvanDrago 18 1,158 04-22-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  My insp time is always longer than my exp time...is that bad? jake79 2 115 04-22-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 1 107 04-22-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How long did it take for you to feel better on CPAP? Pebble 6 215 04-21-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: AndyB
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 9 197 04-20-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.