Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anxiety/elevated HR at beginning of night
Anxiety/elevated HR at beginning of night
I'm about 3 months into therapy. Had my best night last night with a 0.0AHI.  However, I still can't get over the initial anxiety and elevated HR and breathing that happens every night when I get in bed.  It takes 5-15 minutes for everything to settle down, but I still just think about every breath. I'm using nasal pillows so it's not claustrophobic. 

No matter how relaxed I am when getting in bed, as soon as I put the mask on I feel my HR jump and start breathing heavy.  Does this eventually go away? I used to look forward to going to sleep. Now it's something I have to endure. 

I included the last few nights Oscar if that helps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anxiety/elevated HR at beginning of night
Some time ago, I had a similar experience in spite of the fact that I was/am a long-time CPAP user. It was a period when I checked OSCAR results every morning and was anxious about every glitch. 

My solution: distract yourself from  CPAP. Listen to an audiobook or podcast and fall asleep during it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 435 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 235 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Cpap for 4 month, worked in the beginning but not much now Killiane69 6 647 01-23-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Killiane69
  Extreme Anxiety during day after CPAP usage...something physiological? gohoos1998 9 793 12-29-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Leedsunited92
  Increased Anxiety/Irritability after Starting CPAP? gohoos1998 0 445 11-17-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  Mask anxiety is making me desperate - any help appreciated! Tropicalhammock777 9 785 11-14-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  More tired, more irritability/anxiety after cpap use Itsmedood 3 665 11-13-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Itsmedood

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.