Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chest Pains. Set pressure?
RE: Chest Pains. Set pressure?
My sleep doctor told me to quit using the cpap and get an appointment with him in 2-3 days and he would reset my pressure. We meet tomorrow. 

In the possibility I had made some incorrect settings that I brought my machine back to "Factory Default." Then set the pressures to a min of 6 and max at 9, taped mouth, set EPR2 and couldn't breathe. took off the mask and tape.

Did not use cpap last night and same chest pains this morning. It may mean that my problem is elsewhere(?) But this chest pain is really scaring me! It hurts to bring tears to my eyes. In an hour of arising, and two Tylenol, it is completely gone! My wife said I made a lot of "grunting" sounds, keeping her awake.

While I think it is inappropriate to use his name nor facility but here are his credentials

"Dr. XXX has been a pulmonary, critical care and sleep medicine physician in  since 2001. He has a special interest and is well recognized in the evaluation and management of sleep disorders. He is a founding medical director of XXX Sleep, sleep disorders center of XXX Pulmonary Group.

"He has published several peer reviewed scientific articles and book chapters in sleep and pulmonary medicine."

Though his advice makes me nervous, seems like he knows what he is doing, so I am not using the CPAP until we meet tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dolla Bill,

Are you sure it's not Aerophagia? The pain only occurs at night and goes away in the morning.

I just noticed that you didn't use your Cpap last night, so the chest pain may be something else. Ask your doctor. He seems knowledgeable and should be able to help you.

Let us know what he says...
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
For chest pains, I think it may be a good idea to measure your own blood pressure from time to time.

Keep a note of the values so you have something to show your doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2023, 11:10 PM)dataq1 Wrote: I don't wish to sidetrack this thread, but I'd like to understand the comment "trying too hard to breath" at 4cm pressure.

At 4cm there is plenty of volume, so unless  there is an obstruction the lungs have plenty of volume available, so there would be no need to over-use chest muscles.

Can some one explain why it would be too hard to breath (assuming no obstructions) ?

I had reset the ramp time and then back to off and could breathe again. Guess I was used to "ramp off."

Went to sleep doctor and he said there is no way it could be causing chest pain. Meeting with primary doc. Will keep you all advised. It is a very weird situation. Still waking up with chest pain. Goes away in about 45 minutes with two Tylenol.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,132 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Symptoms] Back/Chest pain, need advice anthonyfg 3 516 09-08-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: anthonyfg
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 1,023 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  ongoing chest pain msherman1000 3 591 08-23-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Chest strap heart rate monitor? YouTakeMyBreathAway 0 622 07-23-2023, 07:08 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway
  gas pains from Machine. jerry1967 4 607 05-31-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: hopeforusall
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 682 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.