Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Connect Medistrom Pilot 12 Plus to Airsense 11 and Airmini?
Connect Medistrom Pilot 12 Plus to Airsense 11 and Airmini?
Hi,

I got this battery several years ago, and just replaced my Dreamstation with an AirSense11.  I also have an Air Mini.   Can any one suggest a cable or cables to allow me to connect the battery to the devices?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Connect Medistrom Pilot 12 Plus to Airsense 11 and Airmini?
I don't have  an Airsense 11 nor a Pilot 12 (but I have an Airmini) so take everything with a grain of salt.  

WARNING:  Electrical hackery ahead, don't attempt if you don't know what you are doing. 

I don't think what you want to do requires just a cable, because you need 24V both for the airmini and for the a11 and AFAIK pilot 12 outputs 12V, same as  a car cigarette lighter plug.  You need  a voltage converter.   Resmed actually makes one.  Look for "DC Converter 65W for AirMini™ Auto CPAP Machine" that connects an airmini or airsense 11 to a car lighter plug.  (Maybe $90).  Of course you can get a no name same thing for less than half the price on Amazon.   Might work, might not, check with a voltmeter.   I'd buy the resmed one -- overpriced but UL certified, etc. 

Either way, You still need to jigger something or find a cable that connects a barrel jack  (for the Pilot 12 output, check if the inner pin is 2.1 or 2.5mm) to a lighter plug.  (I'd just cut the resmed cable and solder a good barrel jack, from eg Digikey, but probably you can find a ready-made one).   Make sure the whole shebang can do  65W or so without heating.  I am deliberate vague here, because if all this is   greek to  you, and you do not own a voltmeter you  should probably not attempt it :-) although it is a pity to throw out a working battery.  

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Connect Medistrom Pilot 12 Plus to Airsense 11 and Airmini?
Thanks so much for the detailed reply. I am certainly not competent to put that together ??. 

After I posted this, I realized the voltage difference. I’ll likely just get a new battery. 

Thanks again

Ira
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Medistrom Pilot 24 Plus and Co-Pilot 24: Any owners having charging issues? DaveY 12 5,602 04-24-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] BEFORE YOU BUY A MEDISTROM BATTERY srlevine1 0 182 04-24-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Airmini noise question sfr79 39 21,683 04-20-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: scottjenson
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 208 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 252 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is the AirMini worth it vs. AirSense 11 labrat 10 1,273 02-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jogreentree
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 459 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.