Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data analysis/headaches
Data analysis/headaches
Hey y'all new to the forum.

I've been using my airsense 10 for a while with no real benefits that I've seen. I also get constant headaches after using my airsense that presists the whole day. Can someone take a look at my data to see what i might be doing wrong. I usually sleep the same amount with or without the machine so I don't think it's ecause of a lack of sleep and I dont usually get htese types of headaches when I'm not using the cpap, surprisingly. 

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Couple more screenshots

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data analysis/headaches
Anyone have any advice
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I would have advised you if I find anything wrong with your charts, your charts are nearly perfect but for the headache you get I would suggest try changing the mask to nasal mask cuz sometimes pillow mask create more pressure when you exhale then other masks, I personally hate pillow mask for the same reason
Post Reply Post Reply
First question is why do you get such an incredibly small amount of sleep each night (not even 5 hrs)?  That alone could cause plenty of issues cumulatively. There's no way to convince me less than half of the normal recommended amount of hrs of sleep won't have a detrimental effect over time. It's hard to survive on 4-5 hrs of sleep max per night for weeks on end.

You have a great leak rate generally. Median tidal volumes seem pretty low at <400 mL, but we don't know your height/predicted volumes so hard to make any assessment there. If you are 5'2", those are acceptable levels. Do you have any idea what your O2 stats are during the day and at night?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. I will try a nasal mask and see if that works. Any recommendations?

(03-09-2023, 09:50 PM)Oh cmpman1974 Wrote: First question is why do you get such an incredibly small amount of sleep each night (not even 5 hrs)?  That alone could cause plenty of issues cumulatively.  There's no way to convince me less than half of the normal recommended amount of hrs of sleep won't have a detrimental effect over time.   It's hard to survive on 4-5 hrs of sleep max per night for weeks on end.  

You have a great leak rate generally.  Median tidal volumes seem pretty low at <400 mL, but we don't know your height/predicted volumes so hard to make any assessment there.  If you are 5'2", those are acceptable levels.  Do you have any idea what your O2 stats are during the day and at night?

Thanks for the reply.

Yea I know 4-5 hours is not the best but I never got these type of headaches whole not using the cpap and I get every single time I do use it. 

I don’t know what my 02 stats are. I’m 5’7”. So then my tidal volumes are not acceptable? How can I correct that? 
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers are very good.

Try bumping min pressure up by 2. This is looking to improve your comfort (headaches) not your therapy. If that fails up another 2. Do note which settings feel better and why.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 319 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,397 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 199 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 144 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD
Gross [Symptoms] Persistent headaches, nothing seems to fix haikuclue 16 726 02-14-2024, 08:09 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 367 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  erqq - CPAP Analysis erqq 16 867 01-29-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.