Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet
Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet
I have been using CPAP for over 20 years. Dreamstation I in 2018 and then Dreamstation II for past 2 years. My machine prior to DS was another recalled Respironics CPAP. I am over all the Respironics drama over breathing foam particles / formaldehyde and have switched to Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset Elite. Hopefully, my last night on Respironics. I need help setting up the Resmed machine. I have gotten into clinician mode and see that it is setup for pressure 9-20. There were not many settings on the DS, but seems like many more on the Resmed. I would initially like to start with what I have on my DS and then go from there. What settings should I set on the Resmed to mimic the DS? See DS settings attached.

Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet
Also, realize that the ResMed will be more responsive to apnea events than the DreamStation.

To start with similar settings:

Minimum- 9cm
Maximum- 20cm (This can be narrowed down after)
EPR - set at 2 to start.  (Full time)

Set Response to Standard.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation II -> Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset Elite
I may be wrong, but I don't think ResMed 11 series has a device called both AutoSet and Elite. They're 2 separate models, with AutoSet being much better with the auto adjusting pressure.

Please check to find out exactly what you're getting.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Elite model is a straight pressure Cpap. I don't remember anyone here using the
Airsense 11 Elite model.

Let me know exactly which model you will be using and I will edit your thread title to reflect the correct machine.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As Dave pointed out, there are several versions of the AirSense10 CPAP series.  They are, CPAP, Elite, Autoset, and Autoset for Her.
  • CPAP - Basic model - Static pressure only and no detailed data reporting, summary only.
  • Elite - Static pressure only - Detailed data reporting capability.
  • Autoset - Static and Variable pressure options - Detailed data reporting
  • Autoset for Her - Same as the Autoset, but with additional algorithms designed primarily for women (men can use them too!).
Note: The last two, listed above, are the pick of the litter.

[Image: ResMed-AirSense-10.png]
[should say "CPAP, Elite, AutoSet, or AutoSet for Her"]

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation II -> Airsense 11 AutoSet
(02-21-2024, 09:54 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Also, realize that the ResMed will be more responsive to apnea events than the DreamStation.

To start with similar settings:

Minimum- 9cm
Maximum- 20cm (This can be narrowed down after)
EPR - set at 2 to start.  (Full time)

Set Response to Standard.

My machine is an Airsense 11 Autoset. The manual confused me. It says Airsense 11 with Autoset, CPAP, and Elite on separate lines. I guess those are 3 separate configs (ie Airsense 11 Autoset, Airsense 11 CPAP, and Airsense 11 Elite). 

I'll give these a shot tonight. I'm real curious to see what difference this machine makes. I only played with the "flex level" and "flex mode" on my DS. I don't even remember what they do I changed them so long ago. Is there an equivalent with the Airsense 11?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 Autoset
No, Flex (Respironics) and EPR (ResMed) are not comparable, and don't work in the same way.

Flex settings 1, 2, and 3. for PR machines:
You can receive up to 2cm pressure relief, (regardless of which setting is used), which is flow based.  
• C-Flex – Provides pressure relief upon exhalation.
• A-Flex/C-Flex+ – Provides pressure relief taking place at the end of inhalation and at the start of exhalation.

EPR (ResMed) reduces the pressure during exhale from 1 to 3 cm-H2O corresponding to the setting.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
My opinion, EPR will be definitely better than flex in operation and in feel. EPR will turn your CPAP based AutoSet into a limited Pressure Support (PS) BPAP. It's advertised as comfort, however it's definitely a therapy item. Glad you didn't get stuck with a basic PAP.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose thank you.

SarcasticDave94 I knew enough not to get a basic PAP. I have had an autoset for almost 25 years. My DME did try to set me up with a Luna CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
So helpful of them.

Once you get the ResMed tuned up for you, you'll be doing well with it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 225 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  N30i [what mask setting] Airsense 10 AutoSet Topdogg7505 8 3,273 04-20-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ahfairley
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,734 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
Question [Equipment] What Is Autoset (ResMed) 10 and Can It Be Disabled? Rickyricardo 2 104 04-18-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Switching from Dreamstation to Airsense 11 rorielly 8 1,156 04-01-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Swaggy
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 239 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 1,054 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.