Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help interpreting OSCAR results to improve my sleep
Question 
Help interpreting OSCAR results to improve my sleep
Hello everyone, I got my Resmed 11 last Friday and have quickly discovered that I need to take analysis into my own hands in order to quickly get the right settings for me.

The mask (AirFit N30i) is annoying in the nasal area and woke me up 4 times last night because of that. I am switching to the N20 this Friday. I also just took the mask off from about 3:40 to 5:20, probably because it was annoying me.

But alas, it does help my sleep. I used to feel fatigued (terrible feeling) unless I got atleast 8 hours of sleep, but not anymore! No fatigue at all! But I still do have a host of other problems that I would like to fix.

Attached are my OSCAR results from last night. The 2nd half of my sleep is pretty abysmal, filled with Clear Airway (CA) events, which I think means I stopped breathing for more than 10 seconds yet my airways were clear. Maybe adjusting some of the settings on my machine will fix this (maybe no EPR?), and I'm hoping someone here can help me with that.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help interpreting OSCAR results to improve my sleep
Also am realizing this probably goes in the Main Apnea Board Forum, but can't find a way to delete this thread or move it
Post Reply Post Reply
Done! It is now in the Main Forum.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome
Your apnea is far from abysmal, especially for someone who has just begun therapy.  The clear airway events, unless you had lots of them on your sleep study, are probably treatment-emergent and will likely lessen or go away on their own as you adjust more to your therapy.  For a new user, you are doing great!
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! Yeah I think a lot of it is due to getting used to the mask as you said. I changed the pressure and EPR a bit and only mask discomfort and accidental mouth-breathing are the issues now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confusing WatchPAT One results jordybug 1 64 Yesterday, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [CPAP] Oscar results - How can I improve on this further? nomosnow 3 122 08-29-2024, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Improve stabilize results jquintero 3 154 08-29-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: jquintero
  [CPAP] (OSCAR) Results of first night with CPAP machine dnserror 1 114 08-29-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Interpreting OSCAR data (relatively new CPAP user) bolivar98 11 423 08-28-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Just got my first sleep test results. BigRedDoc 0 97 08-27-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: BigRedDoc
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 153 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.