Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Improve Respiratory Rate?
Improve Respiratory Rate?
Are there any settings on the Aircurve 10 that can influence respiratory rate? I'm curious as I have read a few threads and folks mention RR. For example, if someone had a respiratory rate steady around 19, could settings be tweaked to lower it during the night? 

I figure someone on this board has information to share on this topic. Thank you for all the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Improve Respiratory Rate?
What are you trying to manipulate with respiratory rate?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not necessarily trying to manipulate it, but wondering if it can be lowered through settings of the machine, specifically a bilevel.
Post Reply Post Reply
We really don't have settings that lower respiration rate. We can shorten inspiration by manipulating TiMax, but extending TiMin, increasing cycle sensitivity or reducing trigger sensitivity would be novel solutions to slow respiration that is in the normal range. I also think altering normal respiration would be uncomfortable and disruptive. Increasing PS to increase tidal volume might slow respiration rate, but again not a commonly used approach. So those are the tools we have, but I don't recommend it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2024, 12:45 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: We really don't have settings that lower respiration rate. We can shorten inspiration by manipulating TiMax, but extending TiMin, increasing cycle sensitivity or reducing trigger sensitivity would be novel solutions to slow respiration that is in the normal range. I also think altering normal respiration would be uncomfortable and disruptive.  Increasing PS to increase tidal volume might slow respiration rate, but again not a commonly used approach. So those are the tools we have, but I don't recommend it.

Makes sense and thank you for the detailed response!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 14 372 35 minutes ago
Last Post: Expat31
  Flow rate on Oscar shows no data for my minute and a half at a time Sleepwarrior12345 2 168 Yesterday, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Sleepwarrior12345
  Flow Rate Forms erolalper 2 89 04-26-2024, 09:36 AM
Last Post: erolalper
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 9 1,597 04-23-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 328 04-18-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 435 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 197 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.