Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New DreamStation 2 setup
New DreamStation 2 setup
This has probably been asked and answered in the recall thread but my search skills don't seem to be working well.  If there's already an answer to this, I'd appreciate the link to it.

I had (still have it) a DreamStation Auto CPAP.  I now have a new DreamStation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced.

1) Is there a way to transfer the clinical settings from the old to the new?  I don't use the modem, it's all been manually entered.  I seem to remember needing to do something by logging into Philips patient portal before they would process my recall.  I can't remember everything I did, but I thought it involved uploading internal settings so they could be installed on my new CPAP when they shipped it.  

2) I have an SD card from the old, can it simply be swapped into the new for recording data?

3) I'm having trouble getting the new Bluetooth connection working so I can get the new CPAP to connect to DreamMapper app.  For some reason I can't reset the connection on the CPAP side.  I see "Bluetooth 0 paired" message on the screen.  When I touch on that  I get to "No Device Connected".  I can't seem to the DreamMapper app to connect to it to begin pairing.  I was able to do this the first time I took it out of the box and turned it on, but the connection seems to be lost and I can't get it restarted.  I deleted and reinstalled the app, I deleted the device pairing on the CPAP, but now I can't seem to get it connected again.

Any help for any of these questions?

I will look for how to enter the clinician setup so I can verify the settings were actually installed prior to shipping.

edit:

I was able to get into the clinician setting of the new DreamStation 2 and verify it did not have my settings in it. I also ended up doing a factory reset of the DS2 and that allowed me to re-pair my phone and the DreamMapper app. I'm not sure what that app actually does for me.

I was able to transfer the settings from my ResMed Air10 (what I got as a replacement for the DS) into the DS2. Not all the settings work the same way (flex settings, for example), so I'll have to research those.

But I think this gives me a good starting point to where I can use the DS2 for a night or two to verify it actually works.

However, I still have a question: Can I install the old DS SD card into the new DS2?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New DreamStation 2 setup
Data is now encrypted, so reformat the SD card.

Id manually reprogram your settings. The ones on your old unit should be good. Once you see the results you can readjust them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2023, 01:32 PM)Gideon Wrote: Data is now encrypted, so reformat the SD card.

Id manually reprogram your settings.  The ones on your old unit should be good.  Once you see the results you can readjust them.

I did manually enter the settings.

As soon as the DS was recalled, I got a ResMed to replace it.  It took me a while, and some help from this board, to optimize it and I'm pretty happy with it right now.  When I got the DS2, I pretty much just set it in the corner.  Today I decided to make sure it works, and to ship back the original DS.  So I matched the settings from my ResMed into my new DS2 so I'd have a spare that's all ready to go.

There are a couple of things that I need to look into, mainly trying to match the EPR setting on the ResMed with the Flex setting on the DS.  I'm not sure they work quite the same way.  I DID get the min/max settings to match, but I think there's also another one or two things I need to look more closely at.  Maybe later today I'll get some time.

I also need to figure out:  Mask type (X1, X2, ...) for a non-Philips mask, and how to enable the auto on-off.  I like the auto-on, but I normally just do manual off.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't find a way to enable auto start/stop on my DreamStation 2.

The best I could find was somewhere online that said it had to be enabled from some outside method before it would be available in either clinician or user mode.

Is there some other utility or hidden menu that's necessary to enable a function that seems like a pretty standard feature?
Post Reply Post Reply
By default, on DS2 machines, auto-On is enabled and Auto-Off is disabled. You can check the settings on your machine using the OSCAR software.

To change the auto on/off settings, you'd have to ask your DME to do that, which they can either do remotely or via SD card.  They utilize the DME-only software called Care Orchestrator, which is not available to patients at this time.

This is yet again Philips locking patients out of some of the machine functionality.  One would think that the auto on/off feature would be a patient-adjustable setting, but it's not.  Sad, but true.  Sad
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thx. I’ll need to put a card in it, then import into Oscar and read the settings.

As far as getting a DME to make any changes: I bought the original DA from an online vendor/DME and handled the recall myself. I’m not sure I have a DME for this machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
The 'Auto on' and 'Auto off' with the default settings has not been bothersome for me and 'Auto on' enabled probably was good to have one night when I made a bathroom trip and forgot to manually turn the machine back on. It does kind of suck that it's not selectable by the user, but it is what it is. I'm guessing they did that to ensure that the machine does come on for those that might be a bit more forgetful in pushing the start button.

From what I've garnered from here and elsewhere about the mask setting, is if it's not a Respironics mask which have mask resistance numbers assigned, it was advised to just leave the setting at 'OFF'. I'm using an F&P Vitera FF mask with the DS2 and have been consistently low AHI numbers, so I don't know how much mask setting really does.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2023, 11:57 AM)I StratCat48 Wrote: The 'Auto on' and 'Auto off' with the default settings has not been bothersome for me and 'Auto on' enabled probably was good to have one night when I made a bathroom trip and forgot to manually turn the machine back on. It does kind of suck that it's not selectable by the user, but it is what it is. I'm guessing they did that to ensure that the machine does come on for those that might be a bit more forgetful in pushing the start button.

From what I've garnered from here and elsewhere about the mask setting, is if it's not a Respironics mask which have mask resistance numbers assigned, it was advised to just leave the setting at 'OFF'. I'm using an F&P Vitera FF mask with the DS2 and have been consistently low AHI numbers, so I don't know how much mask setting really does.
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 5 1,982 04-02-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 349 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 2,051 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 291 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
  My battery backup setup GeoffD 323 89,556 10-16-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  Beefy CPAP battery setup that can be taken on a plane mitzvahtime 2 1,514 08-02-2023, 03:04 PM
Last Post: mitzvahtime
  Dreamstation 2 Constant Pressure Setup gonzalo 1 528 07-03-2023, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.